Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is bludgeon broken? something isent right

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Denied, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denied

Denied Avatar

Hi all
    i have been expressing an issue with many people in game lately that i have been desperately hoping this patch would at least address.

I am a plate wearing bludgeon 2 hander toon that also has (relatively) high earth attunement.

Melee, for many patches, had been blatantly BAD in comparison to many of the magic trees. In discussions i have had with other players a lot of their solutions revolved around "casting this" or "equipping a wand to help with fizzle". Which i will do if i must, but this is suppose to be a Lord British game, where many paths are capable of the same or similar results. (or similar).

So i have been waiting for this patch for quite some time, hoping to see some melee-friendly fixes so that maybe melee get a few weeks (or a patch rotation) at the top of the food chain. Swinging pendulum of balance and all that. However i just did 20 minutes of testing with one of my PVP partners whom we duel quite regularly. Looks to me like Avoidance is more or less not working at all. So i might as well wear paper instead of plate armor.

And, this patch, EVERY SINGLE ONE of my melee abilities has taken a significant hit in its min/max damage range. That i immediately tested, and can confirm. Even though it looks like i cant miss anymore (because as previously mentioned, avoidance is just not working) my attacks are hitting like wet noodles. So to test even further, i switched to what was once quite an effective DPS build utilising a Ring of Brittle Brawn, and Beserker Stance.

During this testing i have a bit over 260 str. this once made 300-350 crits VERY common with a 2 hander, and 500-600 crits not unusual. With the same buffs this patch, my damage ranges are about where they used to be WITHOUT beserker stance, brittle brawn, ect.

So basically, Port have completely screwed with melee for months on end, we have been at the bottom of the food chain. And now it looks to me like they have managed to nurf us AGAIN.

IS ANYONE AT PORTALARIUM ACTUALLY PLAYING MELEE TOONS? is anyone actually testing the changes made to melee heroes? or are you all archers/casters ? can someone at portalarium confirm they play melee at all or if there is a fix for melee? (and "equip less heavy armor" is not a fix)

I dont want melee to be BETTER than casters. or archers. i want Melee to be competetive. which at the moment it is not.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

You only noticed this today? we got some reports from bludgeon users for 1-2 months now.

Fortunately polearms, blades and ranged are really good now (still some needs small adjustments), but be patient, devs said bludgeon is the next one for balance. And yes, some devs are playing their game :)

Hornpipe and Antrax Artek like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It is expected that max hits go down with R50, however it shouldnt affect overall damage.

4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

DreadPirate80 and Stundorn like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive been complaining about bludge for 2 years (yes, I have GM's in all attack and passives) :)

Which is why I primarily use my bow now (even not having GM's in passives yet).

DreadPirate80 and Rada Torment like this.
  6. Denied

Denied Avatar

not at all, i open the post saying that its been bad for a while, i was hoping this patch would fix it. But its made it worse. MUCH worse.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I will try Bludgeon with my staff again when i read something positive about it.
    Would be cool if it is wort for a Mage staff user if Bludgeon would become usefull for that combination.
    Until i do far better with a Sword and a Wand.

8. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'd settle for more consistent damage across the board. Hopefully increasing min damage does that. I'm not a fan of 2h weapon sneak attacks insta-killing people.. just seems stupid to me. Guess I'm used to other games where 1h weapons were better for backstabbing to compensate for their lower max damage hits.

9. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I was thinking, maybe its the right time to level bludgeons with my lvl 30 alt. More people testing, better!

10. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i began with it when i read the "urgent fix" thread of Antrax and thought, well i like the ice staff, get the pattern, put it on your tempestry staff and try bludgeon instead o fSword and wand.
    but i disliked it and felt not that good for me. Leveld all to around 60.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.