Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is Crafting is boring?

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Echowolf, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echowolf

Echowolf Avatar

Crafting seems not fun or enjoyable, it seems like a difficult chore. Even after discovering a couple of recipes, it's still still boring and difficult. I think crafting should be difficult in some ways, but rather than making it more difficult to craft, make it more difficult to acquire the ingredients... or more difficult to get the recipes or difficult to get the recipes written for you or acquiring the recipes as a drop or...

Guessing the ingredients involved and guessing what it might make? I guessed how to make things for an hour before i gave up and went to wiki to find out a simple recipe for tanning. I'd rather buy recipes and go hunt around for supplies.

Also, dragging n dropping ingredients is awful, I really hope you plan on integrating a Shift click or right click type ease to crafting. You should also take out the right number of items thing, if i could just pile a ton of coal, ore, the tongs and mold, hit craft and it would make as many as i had ingredients for.
    -This would definitely remove the level of chore feeling it gives me when crafting.

I see they are trying a new crafting model here, but it doesn't work for me.

I believe there are ways to make crafting less difficult, but keep value in the items being produced and keep the game fun- I've listed a few here
    • Low-medium drop rate for recipes or ingredients
    • High cost for recipes or ingredients
    • Recipes or ingredients only drop on high level npc's
    • Deconstruct other valuable items in order to get ingredients
    • Maybe something like a chest in the tows have recipes in them but you have either steal them, attack guards in which case there is a severe consequence for it (like town banishment of a certain amount of time or jail time... but the chance or acquiring a rare recipe or ingredients.
    • Doing chores/missions/quests in order to acquire a random recipe or ingredients, so not everyone is getting the same ones and opens up for a trade
    Does anyone agree? or disagree?
    Does anyone have any other ideas at helping them make crafting fun?

We've all had our share of grinding crafting and zero-grind crafting like: GW2 crafting, WOW Crafting, LOTRO Crafting, EQ Crafting, Old School OU Crafting....

What makes those crafting systems the best?

2. ArcanumVeritas

ArcanumVeritas Avatar

ratio models with stacks of things has its downsides,
    If you look at some of basic recipe to date ... e.g. Tongs, Mold (type), 2 Iron, 1 coal = small/onehand , same with 4 Iron = large/two hand
    So recipes of 1,2,3,4 of something maybe possible ... so I don't think the stacks will work

- A single click out of a stack is a must
    - A click out of a recipe (to load up the table, prior to crafting click) would be nice
    - Auto loot out of the table (if communal), only keep on table if you own the table ...

... more later after some more tinkering

3. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

like... especially the loot out of the table. :)

4. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I like the fact that this crafting system is different, and I think it is fun. I usually don't like crafting in other games. It is like solving small puzzles, and once you're into the system it gets ever easier discovering new recipes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.