Is Fire/Death better than Blades/Tactics for bosses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by golruul, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golruul

golruul Avatar

I would like some opinions on whether fire/death specialization would be significantly better than my current blades/tactics spec for bosses (currently Torc, daemons, dragons, phoenix). I stopped using offensive magic when the mobs magic resist changes went in, so I don't know how effective they are anymore.

I'm currently blades/tactics specialization that uses heavy armor. Against bosses that I can easily survive (Torc), I usually go two-handed sword with berserk stance. Against dragons and daemons, I'm usually sword and shield in defensive stance with glancing blow, parry, deflect, and fortify defense active. My general tactics are getting three 6-stack rends along with three single-stacked hamstrings going at all times. While doing this I spam thrust and double slash until the boss gets to 30% health, then I spam coup de grace. Sometimes, but not always, I remember to poison my weapon.

If I switch to fire/death specialization (or some other combo if better?), will this be better than my current way of fighting bosses? We can assume I would be able to get a good (not best nor close to best) set of bone (or cloth) armor and wands. Will the fire DoTs be better than the blades DoTs overall? Will death spec be good enough to heal myself?

Or, maybe hybrid approach? Longsword + wand (blades + fire spec)? Looking for any input on feasibility of this as well, especially if it's better than what I'm currently doing.

Note that I usually group with one other person who is primarily polearm, but can also go ranged if it matters.

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I would stick with what you have already. I have good fire skills and fire spec and i still use blades to kill most bosses. Fire is faster to kill Torc for me, but that's the exception. Most of the other bosses are very resistant to magic.

From my experience any kind of hybrid build is not as effective as concentrating on your 2 specialized trees.

golruul likes this.
  3. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Fire is good for ogres, cabalists and weak X dragons, fenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.