Is Imp Loot Better?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Sylence, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

We all know that imps drop more gold than other mobs. However, I believe (anecdotally) that imps have a higher chance to drop rares than other low level mobs.

I have maybe killed only a hundred imps, no more than 200 in the game compared to thousands of other low level mobs. Ive gotten two recipes and two rings from imps, and I do not believe I have ever gotten anything above trash drops on all the other mobs ive killed ever.

Does anyone know if imps do actually have a higher drop rate for more valuable loot?

Numa likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Not sure about rare items, but it is a known fact that Imps have high gold drops because they are thieves and steal gold from you while you are fighting them... so you are basically killing them to get back your own gold.

I suppose it's possible that they also steal recipes, rings, or other objects from you too, but I don't know for sure on that.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

Well, I would definitely have noticed if the recipes and rings had come from my inventory so that is not the answer, but thanks Daxxe.

4. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

They steal the gold from your inventory, not the items. For example, imp steals 50 gold from you, then drops 70 gold, you are really only getting 20 gold for the imp kill. It's easy to watch by fighting imps with your character portrait up and watching your gold amount.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

But they still drop that, even if you kill them at range. Unless they steal when they aggro.

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

When artefacts and recipes first came out, i got a lot of mine at the beginning from the imps in the Rise and you can make 15k an hour of them in gold alone, if u don't let them steal your gold. Then it seemed to stop and i did mages forever onwards, and don't know now if they still do or not but i tried them other week and the respawn rate for them was terrible, they used to repsawn every few mins.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Imps have around 70 gold before they steel from you.

Also, I've never had an Imp drop anything other than gold.

8. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Big Impin ?

Cock of the North and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Trent

Trent Avatar

At best I could get 10k an hour even after they've stolen gold. Now they don't spawn fast enough to get 1/10th that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.