Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is Max Durability falling too fast?

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Not strictly true, as its no longer losing 50 durability for everytime it crashes / zones :p

Seriously though when it was bugged to hell they tweaked the armour Dur rate loss so it was 2x as long, since then in testing Chris said it seemed to him the weapon lost Dur too fast and the armour too slow so expect them to be both tweaked about and end up closer to each other in speed.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The bulk of the gold i make came from selling hides and ore i collected on public vendors

Bluefire likes this.
  3. agra

agra Avatar

IMO, using normal repair kits to repair normal durability should not drop max durability, AS WELL AS, max durability dropping 1 for every 10 points of normal durability dropping.
    Either of those is fine, both together it's punitive.
    True! :)

Bluefire and Noric like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

peobably. Incurring financial cost for repairs is good enough for me without extra durability loss. Of course, it'd be even better if the repair skill had a chance to not drop max durability. If thats the case it would make repairs from a professional more valuable.

As long as theres a healthy, balanced market, im good with whatever. But when one thing gets changed, its likely going to change other aspects of the economy as well.

Thus far we know thier broader intent is to have crafted stuff be valuable and at least somewhat costly, while maintaining enough of a demand for the stuff in relation to crafting difficulty to keep crafters busy and happy.

Bluefire likes this.
  5. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

As it stands us Crafters are Useless, after we make you 1 set of gear, we been replaced buy COTOs, and Repair kits the Economy will never be balanced. and thanks to Random crafting you may never get the item you want.
    Making things wear out so we can balance the economy is a flat out lie.

Bluefire likes this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

This is what I am saying. We need good items at a reasonable price that last a good amount of time and excellent items at a higher price that last much longer. As it stands right now a sword couldn't possibly kill a thousand things before needing to buy COTOs. The reasonable price isn't possible with the current materials and effort needed to get a successful outcome. I can't imagine a guild getting outfitted with decent gear unless 75% of the guild are crafter-gatherers.

Granted, however, some players will not go for COTOs and will be repeat buyers or as I keep pointing out just rely on NPC drops for "new" gear.

7. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

Well, you will need more cotos for the next repair, if you already repaired your item with a coto. So thats ok for me. peple wont spend 20 cotos one one item, so in time they buy a new amor.

EMPstrike likes this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

what Mart said.

And also, lower to mid-end gear will be in demand for their replace-ability. If you're rollign with a set of copper armor cuz your high-end expensive gear is overkill, you'll do so because the low-end stuff is easier to replace, AND lasts longer. Low-end thigns will be in demand for thier durability, high end things will be in-demand for their power.
    Making things wear out is a good move. It helps balance the economy and ensures crafters will have things to make that people want, continuously.

Weapons are itnended to be something you'll need to replace more often. I suspect it's intentional that they are alot easier to make than armor, but i reckon changes in these upcoming releases will see if they stay in demand without wearing out fast enough to annoy folks

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It's been another couple of days rolling through scenes killing undead, ebon cultists, slimes, wolves, bears, spiders, and a few random PvP encounters and my weapon is due for another repair, my max durability is now 83 (down 4 points from when i last mentioned).

It does see a healthy dose of usage but again i havent been getting exact numbers. But it doesnt seem to be losing durability very quickly at all. (I even used testudo which damages your weapon once every second for 30 seconds).

If you wanted to test exact number i might reccomend doing it again, because they might have done a live-change without having to patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.