Is Pet rez broken or bugged

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Belladonna Rose, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I noticed yesterday that Pet rez wasnt working well at all. And even using regular rez didnt help bring back my wyvern. Admittedly my skill level on both is low but still. It seems like in my observation that its harder to rez a pet after its first initial death.
    After a soothed my aching heart over losing my wyvern i went back out to test on a lower animal in a lower tier zone. This critter had never died......alas....first death and it took about 5 tries to get him rezzed. After that it was easier to bring him back.
    My thinking on this is ...bare with me. New Pet....will take longer to rez after first death due to you are not intune with this pet yet. Once you get it rezzed and build a relationship with this pet the next deaths will be easier to bring back from. Just my observance.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

wyvrns are supposed to be a one ti kill pet anyhow, should have never been able to rez them

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think Grumpy is right. Wyverns were supposed to be a one-death loss tamable creature. (IE., not able to resurrect them at all).

Weins201 likes this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Non rezzable pet? Now that is dumb. Let me gm pet Rez and nothing. Bad design.

Lord Trady of Blix and Barugon like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

been something they said when they release Wyvryne and the Destroyer. Both were supposed to be not ressable. Skill irrelevant, not really dumb is you think about it. Dunb if you are using your pet and let it die, that is dumb to have a mechanic that you so not need to heal a pet just let it die and resurrect and it goes back to full health now that is dumb.

Also they where supposed to have some special hit attack move that would do crazy stuff, never reached fruition.

6. Duke Gréagóir

Hmmm. I start fighting two Vikings and three more join in against me. Now I went from a fight I can take to a fight that I cannot win.

I know I m going to not flee to regroup knowing that my pet could sacrifice its life to save mine and ressurect my pet. Regroup and use tactics now that I know there are five Viking enimies .

Instead I will use poor judgement and die with my pet.

That is dumb.

The smart thing is let my pet sacrifice himself and I will regroup and ressurect him.

A non rezzing tamer is fighter with a pet but has no fighting skills.

Weins201 likes this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

You can always just dismiss your pet before it dies and still run away. You may still die, but your pet will not.

I think it's good that a couple tamed pets are above average but come with the 1-life penalty.

The pet resurrection skill is still useful for the normal pets that can still be rezzed. Although I personally never saw a good enough reason to skill it up past level 1 myself. All it does is brings them back with more health... but you can counter that with a couple heals after the rez. I'd rather put the points into the heal pet skill because it will benefit you more in combat and out.

Alley Oop and Weins201 like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Taming sucks.

[edit] Probably still better than ranged though.

StarLord likes this.
  9. Belladonna Rose

Well i didnt intentionally let him die. I was healing him but 2 elf mages, 2 kobold mges, 2 elf archers, 2 elf fighters , one kobold fighter and two grand boars was a bit for us both to take on at once. Walked into a cross fire between the elves and kobolds in Greymark. So i was fighting stuff myself and healing the pet . So yeah it was not sacraficing him to the slaughter. I would of kept him healed if i hadnt been ambushed from behind by two boars. LOL. Might just stick to the obi bear or wolf and call it a day. LOL

Moiseyev Trueden and Weins201 like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry I was not accusing you of sacrificing a pet, sorry.

I was just arguing about that mechanic, as stated to Wyverns and Obs Destroyers are One Life pets :-(

Ferocious Obsidian Bears and Large Obsidian Bears are the same once tamed so they are you best Hand to hand Pet and a Ferocious Red Spyder is your best bet for keeping things from healing while fighting.

If you want a few let me know Ill be happy to tame either or both for ya.

If you want the Wyvrens for the aesthetics I would also tame them for you but need a hand with them to distract others and whatever else spawns in the area

11. Belladonna Rose

Thanks so much Appreciate the help.

12. Duke Gréagóir

This is exactly what I was describing. You and your pet had no chance to survive that. That is why ALL pets needs to be able to Be ressed.

13. Belladonna Rose

He put up a good fight though..had everything down below half hp. When he died i finished everything off and went to him to rez. Nada and them Poof. I cried. Ran through Greymark screaming my revenge.

Jaesun and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  14. Floors

Floors Avatar

You lose pets under mysterious circumstances anyway, like if you walk away for a second or can't get back to a pet because of a gate and monsters like in superstition canyon in time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.