Is the critical damage stated in the Eagle Eye skill a bug, or typo or?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Jul 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Eagle Eye skill in the Archery tree states specifically:
    [​IMG]

It states it increases Melee and Ranged critical damage?

Why does a skill, that requires you to wield a ranged weapon, increase melee damage? Do bows do melee damage too?

Am I just not understanding something?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Initially, there was no separation between melee and ranged critical damage, IIRC the Bec-de-Faucon innate in the polearms tree has the same statement, they both use the same stat in the combat formula.

Only recently (with the food rework) did they include a "Melee crit damage" modifier (and potentially a ranged one too but it isn't used if it exists).

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Everything in the ranged tree is disabled unless you have a bow equipped. You can verify this by equipping say a sword, looking at the critical bonus in your stats, equipping a bow and then looking at your stats again.

Time Lord, Vero and FrostII like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's funny you mention this today - as last night a guildy and I were discussing that exact thing and how tooltips like it can ever get by the "editors"........ o_O

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

"and ranged" was the addition after it was bugged because it initially said just "melee". i would guess that there was no need for two seperate variable, since you can't equip both melee and ranged at the same time, and it's basically any non-magic crit, as appropriate. the skills for crit damage in /stats are

WeaponCritDamageMultiplier
    SpellCriticalDamageMultiplier
    MeleeCriticalDamageMultiplier
    NonRangedMeleeCriticalDamageMultiplier

weapon would be any attack, spell is magic only, and i think at least internally melee means anything non-magic, because the fourth one specifically says, basically, 'only the melee that isn't ranged' and that fourth one was much farther down in the list, making me think it's a somewhat recent addition. there isn't one for ranged alone.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yup! That was added near when the Food rework happened! Elgarion had asked for that stat for some foods (if you check, some of the foods have Melee only crit damage modifiers).

Nice, that answers my question on the matter!

By the way, a bug report from 2017?! How the hell are you so good at pulling those out of the catacombs?!

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the "search titles only" checkbox. not that many threads on eagle eye in general.

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.