Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is the game empty?

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by refridelagosta, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. refridelagosta

refridelagosta Avatar

Well, hello everybody,

I just logged into the game to see how everything is going with the new release and stuff, and i noticed that the game is REALLY empty of players, like i runned around Ardoris, Kingsport and Owl's Head, and found just one player during this time. I noticed this in other times i logged in and stuff, is it just my game? Are there other people with the same problem?

Arianna likes this.
  2. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

It is much emptier at the moment. Most folks have seen what R13 has to offer and are waiting for R14 before playing again. Also at the time of your post most of the US players are in bed and most people from Europe are at work so you are missing 2 of the biggest player groups as well.

3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Everyone i know waiting to see the loot system and it's not very motivating to play in Pre-Alpha. There's no much exciting.

L u s t likes this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Its not really a game yet per say, its more of a testing period, the dev's have tried to make it as pleasant for us to test as possible though, and it is highly playable for this stage of development. Just remember its not a full game yet, and many of us testing the game have sort of burned out this release and are waiting for R14 to come along. You can make a game out of trying to find the bugs and glitches and report them while exploring and such :).

Time Lord likes this.
  5. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Exactly the same with a lot of people I know.

6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

R12 was really busy, I know I personally haven't touched it in a while because R13 didn't have much change.

Lyran likes this.
  7. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

It depends on the time of day you log in. I log in around 8PM Eastern US time and there are plenty of players in the game. I usually see a couple dozen or more. When I log in before work, the number of players is much smaller and it does look a bit empty. There are plenty of people playing, you just have to catch them at the right time.

If you log in over the weekend, I'm sure you'll see more players since there are usually events or people have more time to get into Parties for the Dungeon Run, Vertas Pass or other Monster Mash events. :)

8. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Braemar usually has a small group in the market. But as others have stated, things thinned out quite a bit as content has been exhausted. I'd imagine with the content of R14 + the expected wipe, you'll see a return of the player base before too long.

9. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I prefer to think of the game as not very full.

For the moment. ;)

TheMadHermit likes this.
  10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If the devs really wanted me to log in for testing purposes I'd have a list of areas of interest. I am not logging in to play the game, I will do that when it goes live.

A list of areas either recently added and is actively being monitored for testing. Or a list of currently being worked on and we can get ahead of the testing.

I realize that the release schedule has what has been added. That's not far enough.

RELEASE 14, January 29, 2015
    • Scenes: Brightbone Pass and Blackblade Pass Entrances will expand the mainland while another Desert scene will expand the Vale. We will also add the Shardfall biome to the game, along with a shardfall scene (this is the biome for our Open PVP scenes).
    • Unity 5: We will begin transitioning the project to the latest version of Unity. For R14, it will most likely be a separate build, purely for testing.
    • Banks: Players can now start storing things in the bank. This is also where all your pledge rewards will be at the start of the game, so you won’t start so encumbered that you cannot move.
    • Encumbrance: The weight of items will now factor into how much you can carry. Your carrying capacity will be derived from your Strength stat.
    • Pledges Tied to Game Account: Your pledge will now be tied to your game account. This means you will start the game with your pledge rewards in your bank storage.
    • Customization: A pass will be made to improve hair and facial hair.
    • Combat: Various skills will be added to finish out Earth, Water, Ranged, Blades, Bludgeon, Tactics, and Heavy Armor schools.
    • Housing: Lot Deeds will be introduced to the game so property claiming will first require purchasing a lot deed in the game (or receiving one via pledge rewards). Also, more basements will be available.
    • Crafting: We will also be adding more Cooking and Alchemy recipes and ingredients including the ability to put magical enchantments and stat enhancements (durability, weight, value, etc) on gear.
    • Shopkeepers: Prices will now fluctuate based on available stock, and each vendor will have “I will buy” and “I will sell” lists. This means that the fruit vendor might not be interested in buying that sword from you.
    • Creatures: Our bestiary will expand to include Man-Eating Plants, Water Elementals, Greyhounds, and various Human Enemies (mages, archers, etc.).
    Take these features and give us a more focus area to test. Then I can pick something of interest and try to break it.

I like to break things, not interested in a preview.

Lyran likes this.
  11. refridelagosta

refridelagosta Avatar

Well, if it's just people already done with testing R13, i guess that's a relief, i though people were leaving the game or something...
    I mean, R12 was friggin' hot lol

Well, waiting for R14 then...
    Btw will there be a wipe in R14? o_O

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I certainly hope so mister, now March straight back to the bathroom and I don't want to tell you twice.

(Yes)

steanne and Lyran like this.
  13. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Different times of the day have bursts of activity but this close to an assumed wipe many just wait for the next release. There are still events going on which i quite enjoy.

14. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

This would be very cool... like a list of under-tested maps, areas, quests, items etc... that they'd like more play-time on.

15. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I imagine the Grand Tour is a subtle way to get players into these under-tested areas.

16. Almar

Almar Avatar

I'm in the game and 'playing' most evenings. I know there is very little content, but the anticipation of what WILL happen is absolutely thrilling. I've tested games before but never at Alpha/pre-alpha stage, so I'm just enjoying what's there and imagining how different it will eventually be.

Mata likes this.
  17. Almar

Almar Avatar

I tried the tour, but I couldn't find that chap in any of the locations I visited :/ will look again tonight.

18. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Almar!

19. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

Welcome Almar, If I am on tonight I will look you up and help if I can

20. Almar

Almar Avatar

Thanks guys, managed to complete the tour - I was missing that chap in Bladeback Pass - sneaky cave!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.