Is there a Generator?

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by acrylic_300, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I'm not sure if the azure border violate color-on-color with the bleu celeste border (I think it's okay because of the fimbriation of black, but if the azure border is itself considered a fimbriation, you can't fimbriate a fimbriation....). I will bring it up at our next meeting if it doesn't get answered by Adiun or Ken here before then. Other than that, I think it looks great. :-D Very original, and a very unique way to evoke a crown without breaking the rules. Very well done. ;)

2. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Thank you for all the help.

Everything was done on the generator except the charge and the two thin black lines.

The copy of the black outline was laid over what the generator made. I can easily remove the two outer lines, I was trying to balance out the charge with them.

3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

The generator doesn't restrict based on the tincture rules... it's still an early beta, and that might be too complex an issue for it to handle anyway. However, it isn't the black lines that is the potential issue, it's the blue-on-blue. But as I said, it might not be an issue at all; these are the sort of heraldic intricacies that I am not quite "up to" answering definitively, which is why I said it'd need Adiun or Ken to comment on, as they have more direct heraldic experience. :)

acrylic_300 likes this.
  4. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

Directly placing a tincture on the other version of itself is problematic, yes. In other words, vert/viridian, gules/sanguine, azure/bleu celeste, etc.

5. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

So, if you didn't watch the hangout, we had a rather lengthy discussion about your arms lol...

The blue-on-blue border is fine, but you'd need to remove the black line. Basically a bleu celeste border, fimbriated azure I believe.

Also, as far as the fish, we all pretty much loved it, and decided it would be described as a radiant crown, the horns as fish. And thanks to you, we collectively decided that a radiant crown is sufficiently different from a royal crown as to not be included in the reserved charges, so you're good to go. :-D

acrylic_300 likes this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I will wait for approval from the owner. I think I've lost track of what colors we're going with.

7. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Okay, great! I will resubmit the final design without the black lines tomorrow.

8. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Okay, hopefully this is it.

The only thing that might be off is the very outer black line. when I clipped the background it was jaggie so I re-stroked it with black (the original generator outside color.)

Final Radiant Crown-Blue

Sir Duffrey Blake and Ronan like this.
  9. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

*thumbs up* Looks awesome.

As a side note, the fishy in the little cartouche/dogtag is facing the opposite direction than before/in your sig. Is that intentional?

10. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Yes, I decided it would lead people's eyes around better (for people who read left to right anyhow).

Now the tail leads back into the left hand horn, where the other version kind of felt forced, it feels more clockwise now (to me).

11. Sir Frank

Ok, the name...Fisher King's United sounds like a group name, so do you want this loaded under groups as Fisher Kings United? (I believe the apostrophe is incorrect the way you have it.)

O`Sullivan likes this.
  12. Sir Frank

13. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

LoneStranger likes this.
  14. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Yes, the wording has been bothering me too. It's suppose to mean united under the Fisher King which would be union instead of united. It's too confusing, just call it Fisher Kings United. Thanks for the input.

Sir Frank likes this.
  15. Sir Frank

*sigh* Please tell me what rule is being broken here, or what standard is being violated.

O`Sullivan and NRaas like this.
  16. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

If it offends anyone, we can go with FU, FK, FKS, Kings Whatever, it's not a big deal.

Sorry, I was just really interested in the many ways the Fisher King story has been told in so many different cultures. It's also integrated into the stories of the Holly Grail and makes a nice name for a Story based guild.

If I had any ill intentions it was purely sublime on my part.... until it was pointed out in very large letters I hadn't realized it could be misleading.

17. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

The rules on the COA site that prohibit the use of profane/childish depictions.

The "acronym" is obvious, but would prolly be "OK". Couple it with the crown depicting a clenched fist with a middle finger?

You seriously telling me you guys don't do symbology well given these blazons are nothing but symbolic? o_O

http://bang-on-wholesale.com/products/EPluribusAnus_1759.jpeg

Where do you guys draw the line? This can be seen as however I want it to be seen, like, it is a chaos symbol that reads "One ring out of many", or is it a cartesian coordinate symbol....

I mean, what is the line here on decorum, and who is defining it? You @ COA or Port?

LoneStranger and vjek like this.
  18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Joviex, that is quite the stretch. I mean you are seriously reaching here dude.

19. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

But I am not. I see it. Others will see it.

The greatest of intentions does not remove what someone else sees.

Art is art, a symbol to one person, means something else to another.

You can say it is a stretch cause you don't see it that way, I do.

And I wasn't even the person that DID see it. SOmeone else mentioned it and I came and looked for myself, and drew the same conclusion. So there you already have 2 people.

And while I am not offended, I really am curious, what is the cutoff? Who is the decider? The person who "emblazons" it?

What if something goes through and a lot of people are offended? Does it come back out of the game?

I am asking seriously here, don't try to brush it off as no big deal cause Joviex is always the A* bad cop.

LoneStranger and vjek like this.
  20. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

*sigh*
    acrylic, Fisher King Faction might work and quiet the insistence on symbolism.

NirAntae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.