Is there a way for players to place statues (eg. as memorials)?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Nadomir, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Hi folks,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask and if someone else already asked about it, but right now I'm not really in the mood for long searches on this topic. So I ask for it here.

I'd like to know if there is a way for players to place statues or other kind of memorials in the game? I just got news that a friend of mine died in an accident earlier this week... and it's not the first good friend I lost in the past few years. Although none of them played SotA, the idea of creating some kind of memorial for them came to my mind.

So is there a way (and maybe a special place) for something like this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who had that kind of idea.

Acred likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi Nadomir,

Not too sure if this is what you are asking, but I believe you are able to craft a tombstone or headstone in-game. You will need a lot to place it though. There are some statues you can purchase from the store. If you don't have a lot, perhaps you might want to find a POT whose owner might have a lot catered for such.

As part of the ancestor pledge. But you might need to buy this privilege off someone else if you don't have it.

Pledge $250 or more
    ANCESTOR

Get your name or your character’s name permanently displayed on a tombstone in the game as an ancestor of the old world, visible to all who play the game for all eternity! Lord British would love to include your avatar’s name from your past adventures!

Acred, Cianna and Spoon like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So on top of @Nick 's excellent suggestion, there is also the possibility to name an NPC.
    Sometimes Lum the Mad makes a call for NPC names, like here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=62051#NPC
    So keep following and tracking the Update of the Avatar can fix that.

Also if you don't have a ancestor pledge and would have liked the tombstone thing, then send me a PM.

Acred, Nick and Balec Fares deCani like this.
  4. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Thanks for the suggesstions. I got an ancestor pledge so I will see if I can do that for my friends. Naming an NPC sounds like a great idea, too...

Acred, Cianna and Nick like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Glad to help. Naming an NPC require a developer and above pledge just FYI.

Another idea is to get a knight pledge 'companion' and rename him after a love one so he may live on in-game. Perhaps one day when the AI is good enough, you might be able to strike a decent conversation after a hard day of adventuring.

Acred and Cianna like this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I have memorials around Dead Horse for departed friends. Of course, my friends have not really died. They've just left the game.

I'm sorry for your loss. There are ground signs in the add-on store that are ornate, and there are craftable versions in-game. You can place them anywhere on a property or in a player owned town. They have room for a few lines text, and you could place them next to a statue to serve as a memorial. Would be nice if the sign function could be added to statues and tombstones. For now, this is what I use.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  7. Hermedic

Hermedic Avatar

I would also be interested in this my niece passed, and I would like to do something for her memory. I hope to hear of something :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.