Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is there a way to turn off the 2-mouse-button-press run feature?

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by Scraps MacMutt, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

It seems we can now run when we press both mouse buttons. However, I find this annoying during combat since my avatar is constantly advancing now when he swings his sword. I like to keep the right mouse button pressed during combat so I can pan the camera to watch the field of battle. Can we get an option to turn off the 2-mouse-button-press movement feature or is this a bug?

UPDATE: I just went back and checked the Release 29 build (414) and all of my key binds were reset (they were also reset in the R30 QA build). So, I set my key binds again and now I'm having the same problem there as I mentioned above. I wasn't having this problem yesterday in Release 29 so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll check my control settings again and provide an update if I figure it out.

2nd UPDATE: I can't duplicate the problem consistently in R29. If I press both mouse buttons and wait for about 10 seconds my avatar breaks into a run, and I'm not sure if that is a feature or not because I never used it before. The majority of the time when my avatar is in combat mode I can keep the right mouse button pressed to pan/aim the camera and the left button just swings his sword, i.e., there is no forward movement, which is what I expect. I was able to duplicate the problem above one time in R29, but it happens the whole time I'm in combat in R30 (QA build 357).

3rd UPDATE: Okay, I figured out how to duplicate the problem in R29 as well. In combat mode, with the right mouse button pressed, just tap the TAB key quickly. Then when you also press the left mouse button your avatar advances. Tapping the TAB key again stops this behavior. I'm still not sure if this is the intended behavior or not.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

does matter what mode im in i seem to always run when Im holding rclick to look then try to hold left to do a charged attack, i run forward.
    never found a key bind for this feature, god i wish i could turn it off too.

Scraps MacMutt and uziraff like this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting! Submitting this issue to our tech lead. There should most definitely be a game option to disable that movement.

Note that movement via right-mouse click while in Reticle mode (Tab alternates between cursor and reticle mode) is still by design.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  4. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I'm not seeing any movement in cursor or reticle modes unless both mouse buttons are pressed. In any case, I would like the option to disable any movement that is triggered by either or both mouse buttons (I always use WASD for movement).

I tested this again in the R30 357 build and it works just as it did in R29. I must have accidentally tapped the TAB key the first time I was in combat on the QA server. So I tapped the TAB key again while in combat mode and now I can pan/aim the camera with the right mouse button and swing my sword with the left mouse button while not advancing, which is exactly the way I like it. :)

Bluefire likes this.
  5. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

@Leostorm As I mentioned above, try tapping the TAB key while you're in combat mode and it should toggle back to stationary combat for you. It worked for me at least. Now I can hold the right mouse button to aim the camera and do charged attacks with the left mouse button without moving forward.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Attenwood, this happens in cursor mode. If you have both mouse buttons pressed (the right button for mouse-look and the left for free-attack) then your avatar starts running forward. Running using the mouse buttons should be completely disabled in cursor mode (or at least an option to do so).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.