Is There Any Difference In Stats Or Anything Else Between Male & Female Avatars?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Razors Edge, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Avatar

I know some games, especially RPG's, used to set a difference between male & female characters. It was usually only the starting Strength Attribute & sometimes the Encumberance level. Males were stronger & could always carry more on them than the females. I also know this game tries to include alot of realism (for good or bad) and the reason im asking is because i have a male & female character i run. The male is a sword user & the female uses a halberd and the female has been played for about 2 or 3 weeks now, but the male is fairly new & has only been run a few times. Yet when he passes a lvl 3 area its colored yellow & when she passes a lvl 3 its orange & i know the deeper the redish color the more skulls & harder the area is. Also ive noticed when fighting with them that he takes down bandits in 2-4 hits & he is using only his stock avatar armor & an Iron Scimitar i picked up in Highvale, she on the other hand is using a Bronze Halberd of Theurgy +11 & +2 Epic Leather Armor all around, yet she takes 3 or 4-6 swings to take a bandit down. An she has 4 different Polearm skills to use, yet he only has the first 2 that come w/the Blades avatar.

So is it a coincidence or are Blades that much more powerful...or is it the old school Male v Female thing? Im curious to hear your takes on it...Thanks in advance.

2. Justice Owen

Justice Owen Avatar

Hi Razor,

Although we are very new to the game, at the moment I do not observe any differences between the genders.
    Though I could be wrong and it would be more interesting.

Unfortunately western culture is moving away from ..science, and this is also a video game, so realism + D&D rules may be asking a lot.

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There has never been any difference in gender choice and stat that I know of

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Razors Edge

Razors Edge Avatar

Ok, i kind of figured there wasnt a difference, but i wanted to check. There was a few games as i mentioned previously that did have a difference between the two. I think one was the first Dungeon Siege (man i played that alot) & another i remember possibly having it was actually a D&D title called [​IMG] & no i dont mean the online one thats playable now, i mean the one from 2002. There were others but their names escape me at the moment. So anyhow back to the matter at hand...So i guess then the "School of Blades" just works up quicker & maybe because the sword is smaller & faster is why he's doing more damage quicker. Im curious what others have to say...so only time will tell now ;)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.