Is there ui scaling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by james32401, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james32401

james32401 Avatar

Can we make the ui and font bigger for high resolution? It's so small on my big 4k screen

Amelli and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can reduce the screen resolution by going into windowed mode (alt-enter?), making the window smaller, then go back into full-screen mode. Two problems with this are no way to pin the window size to match your screen aspect ratio, and (as of a month or two ago at least) it does not save the window size/resolution if you quit the game in full-screen mode.

You could also select a lower-resolution video mode, if one is available in the settings. 1080p resolution is about right.

A lower resolution will also improve graphics performance.

Derium likes this.
  3. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

I was really hoping this is something that will be added before launch, hell fairly sure I made this exact same post in 2014 and someone assured that they will probably gonna add it in future.

Ye sure you can lower the resolution but then game itself is hard to look at. That is not solution, that is workaround you use in old MMOs. Every new MMO have UI scaling. I mean you see UI getting bigger when you lower resolution. Why not just allow to use that UI size in higher resolution? I would not mind if it ended up with low-res looking UI. It's better than nothing.

Defi better then having to play whole game in low-res.

Amelli and Alioth like this.
  4. Evenios

Evenios Avatar

rediclous there is no ui scaling.......the interface and text is very hard to read at 1080p a simple design choice that could have made a world of diffrence.

Amelli and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Considering there is a lot of dialog in this game, I consider the size of text one of the biggest flaws at the moment.

Amelli likes this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Ha. I've seen worse, at least the UI has relatively decent contrast. I've seen games that unironically put 100% red text on a 100% blue background, while also being a tiny point size.

My main concern for UI scaling in SotA is things that are too big, like the skills window. It's bad enough at 1080p (with all that wonderful unused space around the trees), but it's worse at a smaller resolution taking up the whole screen. It also seems to be able to scale down to still fit on a smaller screen. I'd like to be able to resize that window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.