Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Isle of Storms feedback

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Doing a round of testing on the new player stuff today, so here's my latest feedback on with Isle of Storms:

Love the place, btw, I think it looks fantastic. Just trying to do that last bit of tightening up.

The Continue text trips me every time that there is clickable text in the dialog above it. I always click the text, wonder why it's not working, then realize (yet again) that I should click Continue first. Offsetting it with some color, making it a button, something, would help with the usability.

Trimming Arabella's text: Ok, that's nice, but you'll never trim enough text to make your current interface not suffer from "Wall of Text" syndrome. Fingers crossed and praying to the Elder Gods that we get an upgrade to the dialog UI before launch.

[​IMG]

Lines in the skybox appear to be gone.

Mirror Options: As I was making my new character and clicking the little color squares, I realized they (hair and eye color) could both us the < > arrows that hairstyle has.

Jump Task: Great, but myself and others have repeatedly had to explain to people how to charge jump, because they get into the game and find that normal jump can't get them over a fence. Please put in a Task for that as well.

"Great! Now hold down space, then release to jump higher!"

I still think you should get rid of "This building seems mysterious." Don't tell people how to feel. It's clearly marked now, so that's another reason you could get rid of that text.

I think I really like the blue glow on the door. I'm not positive, but I think maybe yes.

Oracle test, another wall of text. Really, for stuff to not run together there needs white (black) space between the characters lines of dialog, or something else to set it apart. We need room for our eyeballs..

"Avatar, if in a hard fought battle, if you managed to..." should perhaps say "Avatar, if in a hard fought battle you managed to...." OMG... actually look at that whole sentence and rewrite it, there are 6 commas in it.

The next test question could use more periods and less commas as well.

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

About the dialogue presentation: it would be great to receive back, what we have had in 2013! It looked so great - and text font was so good to read, as mentioned here.
    Maybe we can get rid of the underlined words in the text. It is double, because we have them in the keyword list! Therefore I also made some suggestions ...

As I also gave information about the starting scene here, I don't want to repeat ;)

Vladamir Begemot and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.