Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Issue moving forward in the "Battle of Solace Bridge"

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Bohemian Rhapsody, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody Avatar

11/29/2018 18:27
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? YES
    Details: See Below
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16361
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU RAM: 1977
    SotA.Win.64.877.Date.11.20.18
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-43.1, 77.0, 5.0)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgtNDMuMTMzLCA3Ni45NzYsIDUuMDA3KXwoMCwgLTAuMzk3LCAwLCAwLjkxOCl8MTM5My42Nzl8MTkuNzQyNjN8Mi40NQ==

@Sannio @Serafina
    I have started a new Character (Ranger/Love Virtue) & am stuck in "Battle of Solace Bridge"

I bypassed the tutorial & received the required weapons. armor & Deck combos from the Mischievous Child.

I have rescued Charlotte, but the problem starts when I speak to Edvard...
    He says...

[​IMG]

I have been back & searched for this elusive bow near the 2 burning buildings but could not find it....
    I did find many arrow quivers.

[​IMG]

Nothing near the burning buildings looks like a destroyed catapult..
    & searching around these buildings, reveals no bow...

[​IMG]

The closest structure that looks like a destroyed catapult is this, but there is no bow around there & it is a long way from the burning buildings....

I feel this "bow" needs further clarification, or should be more obvious (If I am just overlooking it & not seeing it)

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Sorry about the confusion! I thought I had blocked out that "get a bow" requirement when I added the new extended tutorial, but I guess I missed some bit of data. I'll go back and make that happen. Issue #63188

In the meantime, check out the attached screenshot for where the bow should be. You were standing so close to one in that last screenshot. The arrows show that a corpse has a bow in his hand, and there's another bow right next to him on the fallen weapon rack.

[​IMG]

3. Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody Avatar

Thank you @Sannio for your reply & for "graphically" showing me what I had overlooked completely!
    Believe it or not, I had actually looted this poor soul, but failed to notice the bow in his hand. :oops:
    I will add however, that although this is near the burning house, there does not seem to be a destroyed catapult nearby at all...
    I just want to make sure, that other players, don't get confused, before they even get out into the "real New Brittannia".

Thanks once again!

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks especially for pointing out the bad reference to the catapult! (If you didn't know, this scene used to be very, very different until recently. The catapult was valid in the old version, but not the new one.)

5. Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian Rhapsody Avatar

Happy to help make this game less confusing for any New Players :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.