Issues with new planting areas

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tahru, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I like this, who doesn't. But they do have a couple issues.

The issues first

• When placing a planting area, it disappears immediately even with decoration indicators toggled on. You have to move it once afterwards before it will stay visible.
    • If you are planting in a non-trivial design, it's hard to tell where to seed at when bulk seeding. I don't think you should have to have decoration indicators on, but even if you do, the entire area disappears once it is partially seeded, even the spots that were not seeded.
    Feature request

If you have a seed selected for bulk seeding, light up all planting areas like in decoration mode whether they are empty or not.

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You can put these comments in a bug report if you like so others can test/elaborate, though initial design intends for you to turn on "Show Decoration Indicators" to help you see where they're at while farming (since they are essentially invisible/no frame, then to turn off when done planting/watering. The bug would be that the deco indicators are not automatically turning on when manipulating an item WITH deco indicator capabilities. There's some other deco indicator items having the same issue. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the nuance: "the entire area disappears once it is partially seeded, even the spots that were not seeded." I didn't see anything vanishing in my testing during planting/watering actions, but perhaps this is something new or something I oddly didn't notice -- sounds like a pretty drastic bug :( Please elaborate if you like :)

Time Lord, Barugon, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this IS designed to require deco indicators to be turned on, so i'm not sure if there's a bug here past it not turning on automatically. but as a wishlist request to light up all the green squares an agriculture targeting skill is over, it makes a lot of sense. (i'm just not sure if it will be needed once the deco indicators thing is working properly.)

Time Lord and Elgarion like this.
  4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

When I was bulk seeding, I had the deco indicators on and all my areas were placed already. But when I would bulk seed into a large area, it is not big enough for the entire planter and the entire planter would go invisible as if i did not have Decoration Indicators on, leaving to estimate what I had missed. I think the main issues are surrounding bulk seeding because you don't really select a planter as much as put it in the circle.

Time Lord, Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Elgarion

Not sure if I follow precisely what you're saying, but I can play around with bulk seeding to see if I see things vanish. I'll try to test the first week of release when I dive into bugs for a bit.

6. Birko

Birko Avatar

I have the same problem and have a work around.
    Turn all shadows off and then place the planting area and they will remain visible.
    You can turn shadows back on and they should be visible as intended.
    Placing them over a shadow causes the invisibility bug.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    Time Lord, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  7. Elgarion

I cannot reproduce "When placing a planting area, it disappears immediately even with decoration indicators toggled on. You have to move it once afterwards before it will stay visible." -- if my indicators are on, its always visible even when placing, and when off, I still see the sprouts and water effect.

For "If you are planting in a non-trivial design, it's hard to tell where to seed at when bulk seeding. I don't think you should have to have decoration indicators on, but even if you do, the entire area disappears once it is partially seeded, even the spots that were not seeded.", I cannot reproduce any irregularities. When I seed, I see the sprouts which is the indicator that you had a successful seeding, with indicators on or off.

Indicators are meant to be on while you work the farm, then turn back off when complete anyway, so if they're hard to see when they're not on, then please turn on indicators to help as intended.

New tech definitely, "If you have a seed selected for bulk seeding, light up all planting areas like in decoration mode whether they are empty or not." as bulk seeding never activated all the effected hit boxes, but since you see a target area and you can tell which node its over, not sure why this would be important unless you're trying to seed with indicators off.

I'm not able to reproduce this either, with shadows on or off, with indicators on or off.

I still know a bug persists where indicator items do not turn on indicators automatically when manipulated as deco, some of the old ones do like the fireflies vfx, but I'm not able to reproduce any of the issues here. Their intended design is to be manipulated with decoration indicators on, and to simply view the crops, you turn them off. This will likely need to be a full bug report with exact reproduction steps. I cannot stumble into any problems (other than the known bug) whilst using these, sorry :( More info needed please.

Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Birko

Birko Avatar

Thanks for the response Elgarion. I'll get more data when I can, as it seems to be a rare nuance with undulating POT lots and shadows.

Not a high priority for me, but I'll try replicate it with more definitive data.

9. Elgarion

Awesome, thank you -- every time I pass by one in my editor I jiggle them around a bit. Still nothing unusual that I've noticed. Just hoping to catch something. I did test on live too a while back, still nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.