Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

It Takes Too Long to Eat a Sugar Cookie

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

It takes about as long for me to eat a Sugar Cookie as it does to eat Gorn's Venison Roast. Now, IRL, I am all about the mantra of "drink thy food, and eat thy water" - and I believe in slow food and slow eating. Even still, a sugar cookie is a pretty simple and fast thing to eat.

In game, the Sugar Cookie is for a very short term focus regen buff. For instance, when you have 0 focus after a big fight, and you want to get back into the action fast. By the time I am done eating said cookie (before the buff begins), I have like 1/4-1/3 of my focus already. Its also odd that it takes just as long to eat a whole plate of Bear Steak n Potatoes, a Gorn's Venison Roast, or a Wolf and Lamb Chops! The Sugar Cookie should be super fast, since it goes away in 60 seconds. Perhaps 1 second to eat Sugar Cookie in game? I think it loses a lot of its potential as a short term buff for that reason. I still use it, but feel its a waste of time waiting for the progress bar to eat it.

Also, this comes from wanting to be a chef w/ a restaurant in-game, and I think a super fast timer on the 1-minute-buff-foods would encourage warriors/mages to buy them more. I think it would help the cooking economy overall for SotA.

I would even be ok with the big plates of food taking a few seconds longer - so long as the 1-minute buffs kick in much faster. I understand it might take 15-20s in-game to eat a whole plate of bear steak, esp since the buff lasts 2 hours.

Can we get a super short timer for eating Sugar Cookie, or similar 1-minute buff foods? TIA :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Tiina Onir, Arpanet, Budner and 9 others like this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Interesting analysis... I always take my time with sugar cookies IRL because they are so sweet, and gobble down my mash potatoes and such because they are not :).

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Yes, it is wise to savor foods - all of them, so the body knows full well what it is receiving. On that note, I wouldnt actually ever advocate people eat sugar cookies or cakes or anything of such sort except for special occasions, as we holistic healthcare practitioners see refined sugar as a leading cause of cancers and many other diseases.

But in video game land Ill take whatever item gives me whatever I need. I wont wait around for you to replace the Sugar Cookie with Bee Pollen, Spirulina, Cacao, Maca, Cardamom, Eleuthero, Nettle, or various other adaptogenic extracts which actually do give the body energy and increase endurance and focus ;). Itd be nice to send a "good message to the kids" that warriors dont eat friggin' cakes, but perhaps raw figs? Plus some of that stuff would probably fall under Alchemy rather than Cooking anyway. Oh, another great idea -> tonics and tinctures from plant extracts for Alchemy :D.

It could also make more sense that the cakes and cookies give you a big short term focus buff - followed with a 2x longer debuff, which would send a more realistic message "for the kids" ;). Eating sugary snacks in battle would be a great way to stress one's self out and reach fatigue quickly. Refined sugar is also a great way to throw the emotions way off balance, not something a warrior needs to deal with. A cashew milk with chaga extract, maca root, raw cacao, spirulina, and astaxanthin would be much more suited for the long haul of combat. But I digress...

Either way, itd be nice if there were some super fast timers for the 60 second buffs. I interpret the point of only 60 seconds to be "get back into the fight, fast!" A 2 hour buff sounds more like "have a lil' picnic and enjoy your lunch."

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

almost 100% agree, lets revisit eating times by food type!

By Tor and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Who's been eating the cookies in the cookie jar?

Shanna likes this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Makes perfect sense. The shorter duration of the buff, the quicker the eating time. Like this idea!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Lord Ravnos likes this.
  7. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

I fully support this idea! <3
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.