Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Item Permissions

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Aimend, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

I recently crafted enough stockings for my guild with the intent of dedicating one to each member. I named each of the items before I set them by the fire and then thought it might be fun to fill them with presents on Christmas Eve.

Then I realized I have no way to ensure that only one specific person recieves their items. We have options for kindred, and trustee and co-owner. We can also make an item private. But there is no way for me to provide access for one person (or I couldn't figure out how to do it).

It would be nice if we could have one more layer of permissions where we can grant access to something for a specific subset of people. Similar to how we add players to our house access list.

This may only be useful for containers. Not sure if it would matter for other deco types.

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

You could do it the way they were giving out storage in owls head. I believe they would need to place the stoking and set it to private and then you would still have access to it as the house owner. Be a pain in the ass but might be a work around. Think custom player premissions would be nice just not sure how much it would burden the server.

3. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

I'm not the house owner ;) It's a place setup for the guild. I'm merely a co-owner.

4. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Hmm....

So could they put their own stocking down. Set it to Co-Owner can Add to Container, then private for removing things?

5. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

That would require me having every person in my guild log in to place a stocking...and I'm not sure if it really works like that.

So while possibly feasible, not practical. But thanks for trying to help. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.