Item protection - accidental discard/sell

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Echondas, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Please add an option to lock/protect items from accidental discard/sell/salvage, etc -- that you have to unlock, before those options become available.

Thanks!

Tamsen, lucasjung, Pulsar and 17 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes please.

My old suggestion for an easier first iteration fix would be if we can only destroy and sell from main inventory while not from inside bags/containers.

Then make all gear from paper doll default to going to first container instead of main inventory.

That way it is much easier to organize and protect valuables.

Fiero, Arc and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

4. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

we had requests like this a few times already - I´ll give this one a +1 too, because it´s a much needed feature to secure our assets ..

5. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

This is a very needed update. I panic every time I sell something because my alternative build uses different equipment and it sits in my inventory. A few of those pieces are very expensive artifacts.

One slip and weeks worth of work is gone. A slip up like that (which is easy to do) could instantly send someone into a rage quit and they can lose a customer.

One of the suggested solutions should be extremely high on their to do list.

6. Echondas

I like the idea of items in containers not appearing in the sell window (or make it a toggle option per container) - but there are still certain items I'd like to mark as "protected".

7. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

This is a good idea but I think a better fial safe is to have a buy-back function on every NPC's vendor that allows the player to buy back items that they've sold to any NPC vendor within the past x number of hours.

moko and Echondas like this.
  8. Echondas

That would be nice also - I get worried about discarding items accidentally from my pack during exp groups - when I'm trying to decide what to keep and sell/smash, and what to trash.

9. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Just yesterday, I had two new longswords made, but while adventuring, I used a shield wand combo. When I returned, I do what I always do, I went to smelting station, typed in 'sw' and melted every sword I had... oops.

Please add in a lock so that these types of mishaps to not occur to others (or me, again..)

Thanks,

Cypher Black

Womby likes this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Last release, I think it was, I bought every item from a vendor by mistake... I sold everything back, but with the sellback price difference, it cost me 20k gold. And if I'm not mistaken, someone could get an artifact and not know about it because he does Loot All (E) quickly, and include it in his list of items for sale at a vendor by mistake.

Part of my point I guess is not every mistake will be solved by locking. While I think there definitely needs to be some solution in the game to prevent easy mistakes, I don't necessarily think locking is the best or most elegant solution and bandaids a lot of problems with the UI and with the flow of gameplay. Probably the most obvious of these is the UI is not always responsive, and its when its not responsive that we often make these dumb mistakes. But I think the way inventory is organized and the way current gameplay encourages us to speed through every activity also pushes these dumb mistakes. And we already have many areas of the UI that are just bandaids over problems and make the user experience more complicated than it needs to be. I would rather the devs step back and take a look at everything from the ground up, rather than taking a quick-and-dirty approach.

Mishikal and Echondas like this.
  11. Mangar

Mangar Avatar

I approve this msg.

12. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Yeah, I always bank my rare hats before salvaging on the tailor table, salvaging is a worry as well.

Discard/Sell/Salvage protection +1

13. Echondas

Based on today's telethon - it sounds like something is in the pipeline for this - so yay!

14. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Yeah I screwed up and destroyed my bow by accident while swapping out coconuts. Equip and destroy are too close together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.