Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Items are too small to pick up

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Tongs
    Swords
    Arrows

These are just a few examples of items that are too small to pick up and drag and drop consistently. Yes I know there's a list mode, but how about we work on something that is more effective rather than just punting the problem to list mode?

There's probably a number of alternative methods that would work, and I'll leave that to the devs imagination. However, as a quick solution, how about an easy way to toggle between list mode and backpack mode without going to the setting screen? If this already exists, please let me know. Thank you.

strife and AvatarGG like this.
  2. mike007

mike007 Avatar

i agree, id much prefer to use the visual bag than the list mode. Would be good to also have "black space" around the game screen that we could always keep our bags up on screen like in UO

Badear likes this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You should consider making a new thread specifically for this suggestion to ensure that it receives proper attention in its own right.

The ability to adjust the size of the world-viewing area independent of the application window would be a great addition. :)

Badear likes this.
  4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Have to agree here as well. Especially while crafting! EVERYTHING involved with the crafting process has this issue.

Badear likes this.
  5. GKnyght

GKnyght Avatar

Once I figured out the recipe book double click thing, crafting became a snap. I did find myself squinting and nearly pressing my nose against the screen to see items like arrows in the backpack.

Side notes:

Please give us an auto-run toggle (in most games it defaults to Num-Lock).

I would also like to see some kind of navigation aid, a toggled mini map, compass....something to help players find their way around.

Physics involving the Jump ability need to be adjusted. As it is now you can jump and then left/right arrow changing direction in mid-air.

In the shop where you buy the epic plate armor, I was able to grab items off the shelf of the adjoining shop (yes, through the wall)... So collision failed at that location.

It's looking good for Alpha stage if you ask me. :)

6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well considering we're suppose to experiment your solution of clicking the recipe isn't feasible unless you plan on mass producing the same thing. Experimenting requires adding and subtracting individual pieces.

Badear likes this.
  7. strife

strife Avatar

I agree. When you change resolution in the game setting then the backpacks, chest and crafting tables are too big. I know the new craft auto click is way more convenient but I wouldn't be against making some of the thin looking items thicker somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.