Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Items disappear upon scene change

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Jack Knyfe, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I logged in to find my Epic Cloth pants were gone.

Covering my embarrassment with the Founder cloth pants, I left Port Phoenix to go gather resources in case I needed to make another pair.

Upon arriving on the overworld map, the Founder cloth pants were gone, and I was again bare-legged. Returning to Port Phoenix did not return them.

I had also crafted an Epic Cloth hood, as my old one had vanished. It too vanished once I left the scene.

I will not jeopardize any further equipment until this has been completely resolved and mentioned in the patch notes.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. ryedog

ryedog Avatar

Reproduced: 100%

Blocker: Yes, unable to play character (loss of equiped items upon scene change, disconnect, login / logout - specifically cloth and leather armor and bow).

Description: If the scene is reloaded for any reason (scene change, disconnect, login / logout) all equipped armor and weapons are lost and character appears in underwear. Items are not in backpack or bank (simply gone as if they were destroyed). This appears to be account / avatar specific. If I log in with a different account on the same computer the symptoms are not present on the other account / avatar.

Steps to reproduce: Upon login in release 408 and release 409 avatar appeared with no armor or weapon (originally had on Red dress from Owls nest, founder light cloak, and long bow. Re equipped, with augmented leather armor set and long bow, left Braemar for overland map (upon scene change to overland map items were gone again. Put on cloth gloves / cloth boots and simply logged out / back in to see if the bug was specific to scene change (again items were lost).

SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.409.Date.05.02.16 (also able to reproduce in release 408)

3. Thud

Thud Developer Emeritus

We can't reproduce this as described as of Live Build 412.
    I can change scenes and log in and out and my set of crafted equipment remains.
    Are you still seeing equipped items vanish on changing scenes or logging out?

4. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

This appeared to be fixed last night with 410.

I will check when I get home to see if it's still fixed with 412 (or 413, if it's up when I get there).

5. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

The same thing happened to me yesterday and today. Yesterday I had 12 books for a quest in my inventory. I log back in later that day and find the books gone. I had not left the scene. I was still outside the bookstore.

Today I had 6 Cure Plague Potions on me to enter a scene with zombies. When I go to take a potion, all 6 were gone. At least I haven't had to walk around partially naked yet.

6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

After a great deal of effort yesterday i managed to craft an augmented supple leather leggings. I logged off in North Quel Woods last night and as i log in today i find myself pantless. Luckily my newly crafted leggings were in my inventory, so i put them back again.

It's a bit unexplainable... I also wonder from where this two debuffs "headache" and "extreme regret" came from? they seem undispelable and will last 24h :confused:

(the debuff part is obviously a joke, but the part where i appear pantless is true. At least i didn't lost them!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.