Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

It's possible that die at LVL 95 reduce pool by 80.000 ?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

maybe i'm wrong but today i watched the pool.... i have 1.400.000 .. i died .. and after that i rechecked the pool and was 1.320.000 ... :eek:

this mean that LVL 95 is 200.000.000 of total pool .. and 0.0004 is 80.000 (is still 0.0004 the % of reduction? )

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

It's based off time. The max reduction is reached in 12 hours right now, but it is expected to get higher as they make it so max is reached in 24, 48, 72 hours e.t.c.

3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i never understood this 24/48/72 hours... what mean?

i play every day ... and i die 3 or 4 times per day

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

XP loss is based off time since last death in real hours. It caps at 12 hours right now. If you die for the first time in a week, you will take a full loss of XP. If you then die four hours later, you'll take 1/3 of a loss as four hours is 1/3 off 12.

The XP loss is an hourly amount I can't remember right now, but they will raise the max limit eventually. Meaning once the cap is 24 hours, you will lose twice as much from your first death past that period.

5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i die first time... and i lose 80.000 ... after 1 hour i die again and i lose 6666 ? (and timer restart ?)

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's based off time from last death AND is a % of your global exp assigned to skills (not including your pool). The time max is the 12 hr part. I'm not sure if the % loss is linear across the 12 hours.

80000/12 = 6666 per hour (for you and your pool not as a rule for avatars).

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Looks linear.

8. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I would personally prefer it to be based upon logged in time, as opposed to real-time. Real-time is harsher to intermittent players.

Chatele, FrostII and Toadster like this.
  9. Wolfers

Wolfers Avatar

For me 80.000 exp point is too much!
    Ok for a percentage but there is need a top limit.

10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

If it is painful to die at adv levels 90+, it is at the right spot! You should have a pretty well defined idea of what skills you want in your build and what skills are ancillary/should be reduced again. The skill decay system serves as the soft cap for training.

ZeCarlos and Net like this.
  11. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

Well the decay hurt the ones who just play a few hours each day!

Matt Harris and FrostII like this.
  12. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

The 12 hour cap actually helps players who play only a few hours each day by minimizing how much loss they accumulate. But as I understand it, level 90+ usually entails end-game progression. No decay at all would actually widen the gap between those who play a couple hours a day and those who play all the time quite significantly.

It also helps to get players to think more carefully about what challenges they are trying to tackle. And what skills to focus on, instead of training everything they possibly can.

13. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

maybe it's necessary to display a -80000 (with some very fast flashes red/black) when a player die.. just to really inform about what's happened! . .i probably lost 1/3 of my total pool!!! without any idea of what was happening.

14. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You had 1,400,000 and you went down to 1,320,000...

That's 5.7% or 1/17th of your pool.

15. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

That would be a good idea! I often get curious about how much I am losing, but never think to look before I die, as I try not to die! (I am still rather disappointed that they took away the EXP bars at the bottom). I'm only adv level 64ish, so I'm not losing all that much yet.

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

XP loss was meaningless to me up until R38 and R39, why? Because I never died. I think I died once in 6 months. But with all this new tier 6+ content going on, I am dying a lot now. This system is now keeping me in check a bit, I have to be careful pulling them new teir6+ mobs in seq Collosus because 2 of them at one time can kill me. It seems really balanced to me now at adv lvl 91 and is starting to make me feel that as a casual - hardcore (work 50 hours a week, play as much as I can after that) that I am starting to approach my max adv level now and really need to shore up my build to exactly what I need.

Onyx, Kvow Triumvir and Barugon like this.
  17. Urwendor

Urwendor Avatar

How can that help me who plays in irregular times when it sometimes goes more than 12 hours between each death? It helps those who playes a lot since they have the timespan when they lose little experience each death. If I die I need to play longer than I want to get back those experience.

Which in turn makes me more reluctant to take risks.

Chatele and FrostII like this.
  18. null2

null2 Avatar

Let's do the math.

Adventurer Level 95 requires ~85.3 million XP total. You might not have all that xp in skills, but let's pretend you do.

The last comment that I can find from Chris on decay was.
    So that is 1250 xp decay per million xp per 12 hour accumulation (which is the maximum)

85*1250 = 106,250

You should have lost more xp, but I don't think decay kicks in until skills are above 40.

Societas Eruditorum (my guild) has a bot on Discord that will tell you the xp of skills and adventurer level. If you want an invite to the chat, send me a PM.

Retro, Bow Vale and Onyx like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Getting skills to 40 only takes like 4 or 5 thousand experience, so any decay would be insignificant anyway.

20. null2

null2 Avatar

True, the highest xp requirement for a skill at 40 is 40k - and that is what it costs for things like Train Strength/int/dex - my calculation is off by 20-25%, which is acceptable to me for forum math :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.