Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

It's time for control points to have meaning

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There's no point in holding a control point. It's time for that to change.

Mobs should be actively trying to stop you from not only taking over the control point, but freely moving through the control point.

• Mobs should attempt to block the gates. Players should be required to kill them before going through the gates.
    • For players that want to be stealthy, there should be a time consuming way to evade guards by taking a secret path. Once players go through this secret path, it should be walled up and another path should open up in its place. This will keep players from just going the same way over and over again.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Holding control points do have meaning.

Exp and Loot.

Fringe and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have so much more hope and expectations for this game.

As easy as control points have been to farm (and exploit) I'm beginning to think that there should be no loot or experience for taking them over and instead they should only be about making travel more or less convenient.

Weins201 likes this.
  4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

when I first heard about Control Points, I thought it was something Guilds will fight over to Control and the Guild that controls it will reap the rewards from it until another Guild challenges them for control...

edit: it would have lead into some epic guild battles and even rivalries... also gives meaning to PvP (I think) ^_^

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh for this I have to speak. I am a big fan of Control points. To me they were one of the first interesting fun things to do with a group. To achieve more interest in the game nerfing or changing the control point at all would sadly take away a great past time for many during this difficult time in development.

Instead I would wish for someone to come up with an idea to balance perhaps or make it so the control points aren't exploitable, but we do not need more difficult travel in this game. Luckily they did not listen to some and gave us some (well a few) modes of travel. We have a difficult hex system to travel anyway from place to place. Just getting to Ardoris is a big pain in the butt to me. I will usually get lost and yeah my own fault, but I am so sure it is not just me, but I keep very busy in this game and do not learn the lay of the land as much as I could. I hear much frustration from new players of getting lost as well.

So please with all the great ideas you have, give us one that adds to and doesn't take away from. Well just imo ;)

edited

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Luca Xante and monkeysmack like this.
  6. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

After X amount of loot is taken from the chests, a dragon is summoned into the scene attracted by the treasure. :eek:

Acred, Luca Xante and majoria70 like this.
  7. Crumpets

Crumpets Avatar

I love that idea monkeysmack!

Acred and Luca Xante like this.
  8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

+1

Acred likes this.
  9. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

My solution when I first got lost while travelling: keep the Map open in the background and watch where you want to go. After a few travels over the whole world you know the map and its locations.

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

The only reason i would be interested to go for a control point -

As long as i control it it grants access to a special zone or Dungeon.

If you loose the control point the access is closed and if you get killed in the dungeon you spawn outside.

An then create Faction Control Points.

The DAOC way

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yes I never understood the bottomless exp well of control points. Why would they not stop? Open 5 doors boss comes out and CP won. Start over from the begginning and do it again. At least have a point where the well dries up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.