1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Joint Bank Accounts

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bedawyn, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Chris has said that they're removing the shared XP shortly, and although I haven't heard him mention the shared gold/bank specifically, he has said things that hint at him agreeing with those of us who think everything should be separate. This makes me optimistic that the shared bank, which was implemented in conjunction with the shared XP, might also be going away sometime this year. If it doesn't, then this wishlist item is pointless. But if it does get removed, adding this at the same time might make the changeover easier on everyone:

Let the default bank account go back to being character-specific, but for a small fee, allow a character to open a second joint account that shows up as a second tab in the bank window. Then the player can use permissions to set who else has access to that bank account -- perhaps just an alt, or perhaps a character belonging to a different player entirely. I can see this being useful not just for alt-players or spouse-players, but also guild officers, town managers, and shared-project decorators.

I was initially very much against the shared gold/bank -- and still am, and will be thrilled if it goes away. But its imposition forced me away from my original plan of keeping all my alts on one account and instead made me break them up into families on separate accounts. And playing that way has shown me that there ARE benefits to the shared bank, as long as you have control over who is sharing it. So although I want it to go, I can sympathesize with people who might rely on it. Giving us joint accounts would allow people to maintain that functionality while still allowing others to track their alts' rewards and success separately.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.