Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2021.
I assume that Jotun = Giant? Where can these be found?
3 platforms, that will lock you into a boss battle. Not sure if they're in QA yet
they can't, yet. the scene is on qa but they have not made an entrance for it yet. you could for a bit if you had scrolled to list when they showed it on livestream, but qa data has been refreshed since than so the people that had access that way have lost it. an entrance may be in the qa build chris was running yesterday.
Well of Aldur. They cast Torpid Torment and are 100% immune to fire. They wield clubs that remove one blessing per hit, and their foul smell is so overpowering you vomit within thirty feet, randomly removing one food buff.
(To be more serious... I'm gonna be really disappointed if all they did was scale up an existing mob model...)
It's deffinitly a new model, they're Giants, not trolls.
I asked because @Chris' last tweet is about a new QA build with more Jotun content, but what good is it if nobody can give it a go?
his last tweet said he was building it. that's the one we haven't gotten yet. either he didn't want to release it on a weekend or the build failed.
There's a new QA build now (1223), but no entrance on the overland for the new scene
I'll try to hang out in QA in Jotungrund today. If people want to be summoned to Jotungrund, log into the QA server and let me know in the game.
Please and Thank you!
Ran around here for a few with Gwendolyn (who by the way, is totally badass!) And Belladonna. Some quick initial thoughts:
1. There's tons of rubberbanding. :/ It was pretty bad in that aspect. Even with just a party of 3 and all of us with pets.
2. THANK YOU for at least putting in lowerish content even I can do (very carefully)!
3. This scene is freaking huge! Love it. Was very fun trying what little time I had to explore.
Gwen and I just spent the last couple hours there. Found 3 areas but only one with the giant. The Crevise is nice but the mobs were walking in air and such.
We found the giant and its really cool but first time Gwen got inside the barrier and i couldnt. She died. rezzed and was outside. We ran around a bit and came back
both of us made it inside...the barrier didnt drop down this time....but couldnt do any damage to the guy and his hits on us were so to speak hit or miss. Hits from him
i was sure would kill me but didnt. Pets are quirky with him as well.
Packs and i mean PACKS of wolves was horrible. Massive hp per wolf and about 8-10 in a pack was too much . Didnt even bother fighting the bears.
Cool scene once it gets some more work done on it. Pathfinding is the biggest issue i see right now.
1) lots of bouncing mobs, especially near uneven land.
2) really really big scene, I like that but never did find most of the edges
3) love the pack behavior in the wolves, though sometimes that meant A LOT of wolves and I had to run away.
4) Really love the tornado, not sure if there is a reason for it but it is fun
5) Already reported a but to Sannio that the second time we fought (tried to fight?) the giant the barrier did not close like it did the first time
6) There were a lot of pet pathing issues, especially in the ice cave
7) We had a strange bug that after a while Belladonna couldn't see me anymore. Had to zone out but since it is such a big scene that isn't convenient. Will report if it happens again.
8) I really hope that giant can be hurt my fire or somethign cause we didnt' dent him.
9) A couple more way points might help, with all the snow and ice I had no sense of direction. but maybe that was by design?
10) Was here 4 hours and no significant loot, one tamer arti off a big bad wolf is all. Maybe if we could have killed the giant. Most of that time was spent running around not fighting though
Questions for the devs:
1) Is rend supposed to cause damage to the giant? The tooltip was showing healing modifier but no damage whatsoever.
2) Were the other two cylinder areas also supposed to have giants??
3) Is there a reason the giant didnt immediately kill me after my pet died but I had time to rez instead? His combat seemed really off. Maybe the lightning had something to do with it.
And I have to say sorry again Belladonna for leading that pack of wolves to the rez point. I thought they would leash!
and a few pics for anyone interested....
Hm. This appears to be about what I expected it to be.
Giant model is pretty cool, at least.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
While playing/testing, please keep in mind that Jotungrund is supposed to be one of the hardest scenes in the game.
I added the problem with the barrier not dropping properly as issue #69430
There are 3 huge plateaus. Each one can have a "giant battle," but only one can be active at a time. The first one that is active is randomly selected, so if you're looking for the giant battle you may have to travel across the scene to another plateau.
I think this is a fundamental problem. It seems to me that all new scenes are designed to be the "hardest", rather of the "funnest".
Separate names with a comma.