Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I assume that Jotun = Giant? Where can these be found?

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  2. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

3 platforms, that will lock you into a boss battle. Not sure if they're in QA yet

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they can't, yet. the scene is on qa but they have not made an entrance for it yet. you could for a bit if you had scrolled to list when they showed it on livestream, but qa data has been refreshed since than so the people that had access that way have lost it. an entrance may be in the qa build chris was running yesterday.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well of Aldur. They cast Torpid Torment and are 100% immune to fire. They wield clubs that remove one blessing per hit, and their foul smell is so overpowering you vomit within thirty feet, randomly removing one food buff.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

(To be more serious... I'm gonna be really disappointed if all they did was scale up an existing mob model...)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

It's deffinitly a new model, they're Giants, not trolls.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I asked because @Chris' last tweet is about a new QA build with more Jotun content, but what good is it if nobody can give it a go?

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

his last tweet said he was building it. that's the one we haven't gotten yet. either he didn't want to release it on a weekend or the build failed.

Barugon likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There's a new QA build now (1223), but no entrance on the overland for the new scene :(

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  10. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll try to hang out in QA in Jotungrund today. If people want to be summoned to Jotungrund, log into the QA server and let me know in the game.

11. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Please and Thank you! :)

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ran around here for a few with Gwendolyn (who by the way, is totally badass!) ;) And Belladonna. Some quick initial thoughts:

1. There's tons of rubberbanding. :/ It was pretty bad in that aspect. Even with just a party of 3 and all of us with pets.
    2. THANK YOU for at least putting in lowerish content even I can do (very carefully)!
    3. This scene is freaking huge! Love it. Was very fun trying what little time I had to explore.

13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Gwen and I just spent the last couple hours there. Found 3 areas but only one with the giant. The Crevise is nice but the mobs were walking in air and such.
    We found the giant and its really cool but first time Gwen got inside the barrier and i couldnt. She died. rezzed and was outside. We ran around a bit and came back
    both of us made it inside...the barrier didnt drop down this time....but couldnt do any damage to the guy and his hits on us were so to speak hit or miss. Hits from him
    i was sure would kill me but didnt. Pets are quirky with him as well.
    Packs and i mean PACKS of wolves was horrible. Massive hp per wolf and about 8-10 in a pack was too much . Didnt even bother fighting the bears.
    Cool scene once it gets some more work done on it. Pathfinding is the biggest issue i see right now.

14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Comments:
    1) lots of bouncing mobs, especially near uneven land.
    2) really really big scene, I like that but never did find most of the edges
    3) love the pack behavior in the wolves, though sometimes that meant A LOT of wolves and I had to run away.
    4) Really love the tornado, not sure if there is a reason for it but it is fun
    5) Already reported a but to Sannio that the second time we fought (tried to fight?) the giant the barrier did not close like it did the first time
    6) There were a lot of pet pathing issues, especially in the ice cave
    7) We had a strange bug that after a while Belladonna couldn't see me anymore. Had to zone out but since it is such a big scene that isn't convenient. Will report if it happens again.
    8) I really hope that giant can be hurt my fire or somethign cause we didnt' dent him.
    9) A couple more way points might help, with all the snow and ice I had no sense of direction. but maybe that was by design?
    10) Was here 4 hours and no significant loot, one tamer arti off a big bad wolf is all. Maybe if we could have killed the giant. Most of that time was spent running around not fighting though

Questions for the devs:
    1) Is rend supposed to cause damage to the giant? The tooltip was showing healing modifier but no damage whatsoever.
    2) Were the other two cylinder areas also supposed to have giants??
    3) Is there a reason the giant didnt immediately kill me after my pet died but I had time to rez instead? His combat seemed really off. Maybe the lightning had something to do with it.

And I have to say sorry again Belladonna for leading that pack of wolves to the rez point. I thought they would leash!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  15. Gwendolyn Obscuro

and a few pics for anyone interested....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. This appears to be about what I expected it to be.

Giant model is pretty cool, at least.

Barugon likes this.
  18. Sannio

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

While playing/testing, please keep in mind that Jotungrund is supposed to be one of the hardest scenes in the game.

I added the problem with the barrier not dropping properly as issue #69430

FrostII, Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  19. Sannio

There are 3 huge plateaus. Each one can have a "giant battle," but only one can be active at a time. The first one that is active is randomly selected, so if you're looking for the giant battle you may have to travel across the scene to another plateau.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think this is a fundamental problem. It seems to me that all new scenes are designed to be the "hardest", rather of the "funnest".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.