Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Journal Functionality

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Greymarch, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Was playing some more last night and one thing that jumped out at me was the fact that my journal always starts on the first page when I open it. Right now that's not a huge issue but even doing just Owl's head/Kingsport stuff I'm up to 4 pages pretty quick. It's gonna get pretty full when the full game is out.

Are there any plans to have it remember where you were, or add bookmarks? Searching might be nice but kind of doesn't fit the milieu...

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I thought about another functionality for the journal. How about marking quests and by marking a quest in the journal the next NPC in this quest gets marked on the map (provided you have the map). But with the upcoming schedules for NPCs (hopefully) the marker on the map should move according to the NPC so that you always see where this NPC is right now.

This should of course be optional so that those of us not wanting any hints can choose to not use this feature and try to find the NPC on their own.

But I think that this would be an option which would reduce frustration for more casual gamers who do not want to search for NPCs - especially in bigger cities. And it would not break immersion as there would not be any breadcrumb trails or floating exclamation marks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.