Jump potions should be disabled when flagged for PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by One Zero, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

The jumping potions just don't fit with SotA style combat. It's as if there are jetpacks in this game. When considering that these potions cost COTO's some players might even consider them a pay to win type of advantage. Using them at social events for goofing around.... sure have fun. But, they do not seem right for use in pvp in SotA.

2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I thought they are not usable/active in PvP…at least Chris said something like that during one of his streams while referring to the damage calculation of bows. I think he said something like jumping super high might create super high damage and that in PvE it not really mattered but for PvP this would be a problem.
    I guess if they are active in PvP this is either a bug or they changed the way some of the damage is calculated.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Even if not for the damage calculations, the simple fact of jumping out of view can create a disadvantage, forcing the opponent to break his neck looking up in the air to see where you are headed, it can generate back attack opportunities, or escape opportunities which did not exist before.

4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

They aren't usable in pvp zones, but you are allowed to use it if you are pvp flagged in POT. It is not just the damage increased it is the fact that you can jump realy high when you are dieing and you can cast and heal while jumping. I managed to do 1v8 times ago with those potions, they are realy disbalanced used in pvp.
    Also when you can use it even in a guild war that is the real ridicolous thing.

5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Agreed.

I hardly PvP however watching Fzol's Twitch stream yesterday, it was crazy watching the guys they were fighting flying all around the screen shooting arrows (or whatever) at one another. It feels like this wasn't the intention of the jump potions. At least I hope not.

Dhanas likes this.
  6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

It wasn't the guys they were fighting it was the archer in Fzol's team using it, charging attack while jumping and taking advantage of the bonus dmg given to bow hitting target below, also almost invulnerabile cause He was jumping super high while hitted going out of range from enemies' skills.
    The only way to counter that potion is using that potion you too, it sounds a bit p2w for me.

7. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Jump potions should be disabled if you're PVP Flagged, especially cause it forces even who hates this mechanic to use them.
    Yesterday we were attacked in our town by an entire party in which archer and spearman were using jump potions, everytime they were dying they jumped out, their leader said it was all ok, and that there was nothing wrong with it since everyone could use them aswell.
    My opinion is the opposite, it is not ok at all since it forced also us to use it, it's a stupid mechanic for pvp and archers use them to take the bonus damage from the height.
    Moreover they cost Cotos and it results in something very close to a p2w mechanic.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They're only active in non-PvP towns. You can still be flagged PvP though.

Dhanas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.