June 25th 1pm NBT Join Prism for a solidarity march and remembrance for Orlando

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Lace, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Living in Tampa, I cannot count how many times I have driven up I-4 to go party in Orlando, while that habit has diminished over the years, I do have a fondness for the clubs up there, from the time I saw Boy George at Parliament House, to seeing people like Shannon ('let the music play') to Blondie and countless others. I did not personally know any of the victims named, but they could easily been a friend or acquaintance if I partied like I used to.

While I had scheduled a Battle of the Bands event, it seems more fitting since June is gay pride month and in lieu of the massacre that occurred in Orlando June 12th 2016 to host instead a 'pixel parade' as some call it in other games, and since this is a bit somber, rather than a parade it is a march.

Again this is not exactly a gay pride parade, but instead a time of solidarity and remembrance for those who lost their lives, those who are still fighting for their lives and for the friends and families of all those affected. By arming yourself with a torch for the march, this will be our in game symbolic gesture to the many candle light vigils that have taken place. It was not only gay persons that lost their lives, it was Americans, straight persons, friends, co-workers, who were just out on a typical Saturday night winding down from their work week. It could occur anywhere at anytime, so I ask you to march with me and heal as best as possible.

June 25th 1pm NBT

We will meet in Brittany and I will give exact coordinates once I have mapped out a route for the march, torches for those that need them will be handed out. (May I request a few volunteers to hand them out? I will purchase them np, but need folks to be on hand out duty.)

The plan is to assemble at 1pm NBT time, do a brief march through the city taking approximately 15 minutes or less. At the end of the route I will ask for any that wish to speak to come forward. Say whatever is on your mind, we would all welcome it. (I would ask that you prepare your speech so you can cut and paste it into chat, rather than going off the cuff and typing, it will keep things brief and allow more to speak that wish to do so)

At approximately 2pm NBT in conjunction with Avatar's Radio we will host a dance party for one hour so the healing energy can flow among us all. I am looking for perhaps someone with a larger lot for the dance party that would be willing to host it so we can have in game radios, otherwise all would need to stream from the internet at avatarsradio.info and use one of the built in stage areas in Brittany. (let me know if willing to host on your lot -- would like town or higher but village can work as well----THANK YOU @Spoon for hosting!)

Wear whatever you like, but if you would like to be 'flamboyant' and need materials for dyes I have a stock I have been selling but would be willing to donate some of the maple or pine barks etc or make dyes. Send me an in-game tell to Lace Delamorte, or @Lace on the forums and I will do what I can till I run out.

Do not feel you have to be flamboyant, if you want to be a warrior marching with us that is most welcome, as I want to promote this as a brothers and sisters in arms regardless of dress.

Twitch streamers are very welcome!

I will be doing random store credit giveaways, and if you win, perhaps you donate that real life cash value to one of the vetted family/survivor funds. This information I will provide to this document once I am sure they are 'real' funds and not frauds.

As always with any event I do, feedback is welcome.

March Route and Dance Party Location
    [​IMG]

If you arrive late and get lost, on the docks (SE area of map) is the town crier .. look for a residence owned by Spoon and set that as your compass destination.

Last year me taping a bit of a lesbian cover band called "The Cheaters" (because the band members are from other bands but come together to do cover songs and cheat on their bands). This was one day before st. pete pride and just one tiny part of a club filled to the brim with lesbians. It is likely not much different than Pulse though it was closing time there. Pulse hit me hard.

(yes boys lesbians come in all shapes and sizes rofl .. just making a joke in these grim times)

I have to wonder if I make the trek out for the night before parties if it will be this festive....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. Berek

Berek Avatar

We would love to help the event, please let us know what you may need. Is this also the post you wish us to promote to help get the word out?

3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

It is not quite clear what day you plan to do this? Maybe you can add it to the post, so we all have a good idea of when (the where will follow, as you said...) we need to be in Brittany... I will try to be there (in honor of LGBT friends), but no guarantees, esp. since I do not know what day yet!

Lace likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

@Lace
    I have a town lot in Brittany.
    I could do a similar floor as th r30 party.

The title says June 25th.

Lace and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  5. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Lace likes this.
  6. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

You are right, I just read the main body of the post... Maybe - for others like me - it can be added to the main post as well... ;)

But anyway:
    June 25th 1pm NBT in Brittany

7. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

PS: I can't make it then, it's Goibniu's 14th birthday, and we're expecting family and guests...

Lace likes this.
  8. Womby

Womby Avatar

I'll try to be there (3:30 AM for me).

Lace likes this.
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

It was in the title sorry was not carried to the body but June 25th 1pm NBT

10. Lace

Lace Avatar

Yes please

11. Lace

Lace Avatar

Spoon that would be lovely ty kindly .. let me know if you need extra radios and maybe give me a /loc to your lot?

12. Lace

Lace Avatar

Does anyone know where I can find a link to the overhead map to Brittany the section first opened with the docks so I can use it as a visual aid for this event and put a big x marks the spot on it?

(will do /loc as well and a street view like google maps heh)

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

14. Lace

Lace Avatar

15. Lace

Lace Avatar

Visual Aid for March Route and Dance Party location has been added for those that are challenged by navigating a large town. I know I am.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  16. Lace

Lace Avatar

After 6 hours of running around crafting I got my outfit for today.

I have countach pink cloaks, some bodice tops and bottoms also dyed pink and then some coconut bras in countach pink.

In addition I have a few bottles of pink dye if you have your own equipment

Hit me up in Brittany prior to march start and let me know what item you would like.

Hope to see you here today!

I also want to give a shout out to all the devs that helped out with the event and there were many!

[​IMG]

Opps that was version one I changed to a bodice top LOL and didnt do a shot

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Lace like this.
  18. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

The march had me in TEARS. SO beautiful & I just absolutely *love* the support of the community. Awesome job Lace on organizing and Spoon for the great dance floor!!!!

Lace and Pickley like this.
  19. Womby

Womby Avatar

Lots of pictures. Only click if you have good internet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]