June 29: Midsommar Blot and Dance in Norstead (heavy RP)

Discussion in 'Release 67 Events' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Jay Nord, the Gothi of Norstead and Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Völva in Helboer, cordially invite you to their second annual Midsommarblot. The Blot is a ritual where we celebrate the seasons, sacrifice to the gods of our original homeland, and experience community.

There is going to be an animal sacrifice, through which we are going to call our gods and the gods of our guests, if they so wish. This beautiful ceremony will be a cooperation of the Gothi and the Völva, and our guests are invited to participate at any level they feel comfortable with.

After the ritual there will be refreshments, music and dance, and possibly a performance of the skaldic arts.

All participants get to take home a limited edition sheet music and a book with a mythological tale.

Time: Saturday, June 29, 4pm
    (District of Hammaburg)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC information

About the roleplay
    This is a heavy RP event. Everyone is welcome as long as they are not disruptive to others' roleplay. You can participate as heavily as you wish, or merely observe. It's surely a good occasion to get in touch with other immersive RPers.

About the location
    Norstead is a Viking village in the player owned town Hammaburg.

Directions
    Hammaburg is a POT near Brittanny. Cross the central bridge and immediately go right, uphills. There you will find the Viking village of Norstead.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Sonja, Aeryk, Ataniiq and 4 others like this.
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Just wanted to say, I'm unlikely to be there since neither of my characters have travelled as far as Brittany yet (or have Viking backstories), but I'm so glad you're doing things like this. Already looking forward to the third annual, when perhaps I can be there without being OOC.

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Reminder: This is today.

For RP purposes: There are flyers laying around in shops in all major towns, advertising the event. If your character is short of a reason to participate and you would like to, send me a whisper and we'll figure something out.

While tomorrow's event in Kahli (open PvP, no ransom) will have the bigger games and bigger prizes, there will be small games with prizes today as well. And just showing up will secure you a special limited edition sheet music and a special print of volume V of Helvig's books about the Norse gods and giants, telling the humorous tale of Thor's wedding.

Jay and I and many others who helped to make this event possible are looking forward to seeing you all there. Strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Sonja, Jay Nord, Aeryk and 2 others like this.
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Here's a few screenshots of the event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, despite the fact that we had only small prizes and small games today, we had some happy winners.

Congrats to Fei Akhart for winning an aether vibration amplifier console at Musical Chairs.
    Congrats to Fei Akhart and Thai for winning one ballet outfit pattern set each at the Harmonic Dance game.
    Congrats to Jay Nord for winning a pair of white feathered wings at The Dice is Right.
    Congrats to Langois for winning an ornate tavern counter set at The Dice is Right.
    Congrats to Dotta Alfdottir for winning a virtue accordion at The Dice is Right.

Thank you all so much for coming! This was a very beautiful event, thanks to your participation.

5. Jay Nord

Jay Nord Avatar

The gods favored us this evening. The thunder, and then the fog, timed incredibly to enhance the ritual of the Blot! Looking forward to symbel tomorrow!