Just a suggestion Port... I only want the best for this game - Teletypes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortanius, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Besides getting rid of XP decay, which I think is a game KILLER...

Since we do have a "teletype" in game, can we have a teletype at the bank which can list goods that players want sell/ goods that are wanted? Please give me some direction. Make it to where it costs some gold to list those things. It can be made to where only players with vendors have this option, or ALL players without vendors have the same option but have to put in more gold. Portable amplifiers are a thing; teletypes are a thing. The technology is there in the game.

There can be some object or something in game that can say: Player Jane wants to buy this product in X town at these coordinates. GOOD I know where the vendor is at, I know what town to go to, and I know if I have the supplies or not to meet that demand. I will travel there.

I have no idea what the supply or demand is out there in game. This mechanic is not player friendly.

I don't want to waste precious time traveling the world just to be disappointed when I'm not finding what I am looking for in towns. Please stop making me spend a significant amount of time lost in game.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Numa, Nikko and vrillx like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We also have our new mail system. People can get on a mailing list. There are some players working on different things to advertise where they are and what they are selling. Also you can send anything in the mail, which is really awesome. Like mail-order, well not mail order brides *sighs* j/k, who knows what players will do ;). Not saying you don't have a good idea but this is what came to mind when I read your request ;)

Nikko likes this.
  3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Could be some stuff that its need it to place your add, something craftable like a bullhorn ..and it can roll on top side of screen for all players , or if we will ever have a general chat with all the players it can advertise there...

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I wouldnt like to see my mailbox being spammed ..imagine getting 100 mail ads/day :)

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes true. I agree. Most of us have had bad experiences with in game mail systems ;). So here's hoping that does not happen here, but I do love our mail system. If I want to send a sheet music and instrument to someone I just send it right over. If I want to send some cash I can do that too. I just love it. ;)

Olthadir and firesparx like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Except containers, unfortunately. They are not send able at the moment.

Olthadir and majoria70 like this.
  7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'd also love to see something like this. I know we can go to the forums here and see the Player WTS/WTB kinds of posts, but something similar right in the game would be wonderful. Maybe through the mail system, maybe not. Anything that gets us the info in a customizeable, or on-demand sort of way would be great.

8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've edited the topic title to be clear we're talking about Teletypes.

9. Numa

Numa Avatar

just to add to the idea - let us tear off the paper containing the info from the teletype so we can pin it to the bulletin boards.

10. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Berek, I didn't mean for this to be about Teletypes. I meant for a better way for me to see what loot is available for sale/ what's in demand, in whatever that form might be. Sort by type and price. The technology is in the game. If the oracle can have multiple monitors being almost omnipresent, we can have a "Portable Aether Vibration Amplifier ", and other fantastical technologies, why can't we have a computer type item with a searchable database of loot. Maybe I have something somebody wants. How do I know because I'm DEFINITELY NOT going to run to every town and talk to every vendor for the chance that they do, on top of the fact that their inventory might change every day. I don't think our current system is conducive for a thriving economy, or user friendly at all.

Bow Vale likes this.
  11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Np, please select a new replacement for the word and I am happy to swap it out. Just want the community to be clear before they open it.

12. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Sorry about the miscommunication. Corrected. Thank you Berek, and all the team members of Port. I know you are all are putting in hard work, and it is noticed. I am just humbly putting in my simple suggestion/ opinion. I am sorry if the tone or my choice of words are off putting. That is not the intent.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Berek likes this.
  13. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

@Mortanius You're spot on my friend. Decay, in all its forms and theories, is likely a huge component in the decision perspective customers make when considering this game. Go ahead and google it next time you're bored. Look how much garbage comes up. First two pages of results all list different things about it, all of its information that's either outdated or not correct to begin with.

Confusion, frustration, and basically constant negative feedback surrounding a mechanic you don't see in many games (for a good reason, mind you) that's somehow still in the game.

Casual players don't want to spend their 8 hours a week playing and accumulating XP only to lag out and die one day and lose progress. The amount of time this -could- cost a player is a major turnoff. Nobody wants hard core MMORPG permanent loss - that's why very few games ever feature it to any extent and even fewer survive in the market without a cratering population after the honeymoon period.

Mortanius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.