Just for curiosity: Where and how do you get Obsidian Chips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anpu, May 21, 2022.

?

Where and how do you get Obsidian Chips?

1. I collect them myself.

76.5%
  2. I purchase them from Player Vendors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I collect and purchase them from Player Vendors.

23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was just wondering something. We have one item in the entire game that is a Reagent. It is used specifically for the Chaos Tree for Chaos Spells and for making the various Obsidian Weapons and Armor on the Obsidin Forge, Potions and for socketing Imbued Jewel and Gems.

This item can only be found from killing various creatures, with a better chance on higher level ones. This item cannot be purchased from any NPC merchant. Player vendors do sell these.

I was just curious on how you get obsidian chips, and wanted to do a poll. Do you: Collect them yourself. Purchase them from Player Vendors. Collect them yourself and also purchase them from Player Vendors.

I was just wondering something from a general perspective. Please feel free to cast your vote (or not).
    -Anpu

I voted I both gather and purchase these.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    FBohler and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

It should be noted that the overwhelming majority of Obsidian Chips are used in potion crafting, though some are also used in the socketing of imbued gems and the reasons you've listed.

Anpu likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I'm not even sure where I get my Obsidian Chips from, as I always have a surplus.
    But yeah, that means I somehow gather mine by casually killing mobs that drop it.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Collect myself. So many higher level mobs drop them, you really don't need to go after them specifically, unless maybe you're making armor.

5. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I have been collecting them through the years. Except for a few pieces of obsidian armor I attempted to make, since I dont use them, they are still rotting in my crafting supply storage chest.

I should look to see how many I have....what are they going for these days anyways?

Anpu likes this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I just sell them when turning in loot. When my stores of chips reached 30000, I just sell whatever I get above that.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i do both, though my primary use is crafting. mostly i collect over time but if i dont have enough to craft armor/weaps when needed i have looked to purchase. my main source is dragons.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.