Just the little things... QOL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

What breaks my immersion about the map load is my screen and the game locks up for 10 seconds. I'm sure I said that. I'll check, dude. We've already given up reality when we adopted universal banks. All I'm suggesting is convenience now that the argument for goods and banks to be geographical is lost. And what's the pick sides business? I wondered when and if this thread would get snidey

2. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

This has already been changed to 256 items

Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

:rolleyes:

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Oh don't get me wrong, this wan't meant to be a snidey comment, agreement / disagreement about any particular point.

I was mostly curious about where do people draw the line between convenience and immersion. I know this is probably a sliding scale for each person individually but I've always been fascinated by peoples thought process. At which point does X overcome Y in any type of scenario.

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

It came down didn't it!

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

OK mate probably transatlantic language barrier my apologies.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Allow me to loot by clicking on the corpse's nameplate rather than trying to dig around to find that last little bit of foot that is still above ground.

Fenris

8. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Just to expand on this, you mentioned that eating food is slow and the bar is pointless.
    I know in RL it takes me much longer than 3 seconds to eat a meal but I don't want a game where I'm sat watching my character eat for 20 minutes. In this case Convenience > Immersion
    But looking at other things:
    Why do I have to wait 5 seconds before teleporting / recalling? Surely this sort of magic would be instant?
    Why can I make a sword in 3 seconds?

I think anyone who uses the phrase "immersion breaking" needs to really think what it means. Yes a feature can be annoying but Immersion breaking shouldn't really be a thing in game like shroud.

kaeshiva and GMDavros like this.
  9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Agreed.

10. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Pets interfering with looting. Over half of the loot from control points deteriorates due to pets blocking the bodies. Arghhh!

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and Brewton like this.
  11. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

• Pets blocking loot & having to madly click around to find that toe of the fallen enemy to loot it is annoying indeed.
    • The time it takes to eat food isn't very long at all - Just eat when you are idle, its really not so bad imho.
    • Why do you have to know whats in your bank while you are out in the boonies? Why can't you wait until you get to a bank access point?
    • If you hit K you can drag any skill down to your belt, just do this as need be and again it isn't so tough - RE: utility bars
    • Books the wrong way round? Just hit CTRL when you rotate them, ez pz.
    Lock items to bags? At one point I kind of wanted this, but then I realized how easy it is to just drag things amidst your paper-doll/inventory.

etc etc...

A lot of these QOL issues have to do with getting enough rest and taking breaks from gaming now and then to refresh your mind and body.
    These are very simple systems that could easily become overly complex with too much finesse-type fixes.

If these little things keep frustrating you before the development team adjusts any of them - take a deep breath and take it one step at a time.
    You're internal clock is ticking at an accelerated rate because you've internalized a lot of the odds and ends and you're operating a projected efficiency which short-cuts a lot of the experience.

I too wish they could all be California girls, my friend... And in due time it isn't out of the question that these bells and whistles could all be implemented - but they're also invitations for bugs and glitches...

So again, if you find yourself getting aggravated and impatient about these things, step one is slow down and take a chill pill.
    Re-focus.
    Your hot-bar and utility bar getting all messy? Slow down.. practice clicking and releasing before moving the mouse... speaking of which, maybe your mouse is dirty, your you might need a new one... etc.

I hate being the devil's advocate, but before they go and change all these systems and everything its also up to us to step up to the plate.

12. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Remembered another one - cursor suddenly changing its location - resulting in aoe spells not hitting the intended targets.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    If you cannot add the ability to refine more pulp, please add the ability to press enter
    after typing in a number to craft to begin crafting.

Repeat actions and then switching to mouse and clicking craft over and over is painful.

14. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

you can now sell 256 items to a vendor at one time! they love us, they REALLY do love us!

15. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    @DarkStarr @Lord British

My right shoulder is almost useless these days I will be one arming it for another 6 months until I get get surgery and god knows
    only how long after that.

I get that you either cannot or will not make the changes to allow more items crafted at once, ie pulp / leather straps etc.

Please allow me to key in amount and press ENTER.

Rather than having to grab the mouse and press craft over and over.

This would be a huge boon to me and enable me and others who are disabled or in pain to keep playing the game.

They would be major accessibility benefits.

Thank you.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.