Just too hard...

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Pickwins, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

The funniest and craziest thing is having recipes for some things on Home Deco Merchants and such. I mean it makes sense but then again doesnt.

Aldo likes this.
  2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

@Pickwins

Here is a website that will give you information on where to find recipes.
    It seems to be Japanese but the links are in english (mostly).
    The towns listed show the NPC's that sell recipes:
    https://shard-hahen.blogspot.jp/2017/07/r44_30.html?m=1

Also, one of the avatars @Fionwyn has a good spreadsheet to show what is needed to cook.
    It is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...A0zYmaFPEZEjvpt_I2Bojg3kk/edit#gid=1023819118

But perhaps this is the best deal:
    Ask other's for recipes. Many of them are tradeable.
    Also in Ordinis Mortis avatar Hornpipe has a public chest with free recipes in it. Just take one of each you need and DON"T take them all by clicking the wrong button.

Another avatar in Diamond Fields has a public chest with free recipes in it. Same rules as Hornpipe. Take only what you need and DON'T take all.

You will find many avatars will share recipes you need if you ask.
    Lace and other's have FREE crafting mentoring where you get to craft along side GM level crafters.
    That makes your crafting increase quicker.

Friend me in game and I will gladly trade all I can with you.
    (ingame name: Lesni)

Cordelayne, Numa, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Anyone know where the butchering recipes are ? are they drops? (I am missing a few)

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Amen and Amen! I've "helped" out a few new players by just giving them all the recipes I could. However... I am changing the way I approach this. On one occasion I was giving all my teachable stuff to a new player and they were like.. "uhh is this going to take much longer?" That got me to thinking... I was just doing them a disservice. I DO think the new "system" was done rather hastily and tbh not that well thought out. I expect it will change. I agree with those who think you should learn by doing somehow.. like crafting quests to learn upper tier stuff. It still bugs me that it's not feasible with the way things are currently to be a pure crafter. I sincerely hope that changes.

As for myself.. I didn't have anybody to spoon feed me. A good number of the vast amount of recipes I have I got when you could learn by discovery. While that didn't mean I had to fork out 250 per recipe..it wasn't free either. I had to invest a LOT of time and energy to collect the mats needed. hell in many cases it would have been cheaper to just buy the recipes but by crafting them I also built up the much needed XP pool. As a result, I have a sense of accomplishment; something I am loathe to rob a new player of. I am still willing ofc to do what I can to help people get going. For example I have (I think) 3 crafting GM's. I'll bump that up to 4 the next time I have the opportunity. The sole reason I GM'd was that I was inspired by @Lace and all she does to give and so I thought hey...the best way I can pay her back (the stubborn woman won't even allow you to give her any loot for her mentoring) was to spend some of my XP so I can mentor others.

So, my attitude now is I'll help someone out with some basic stuff to get them going and.. I am ofc willing to mentor....but I'm not going to spoil it all for them. I've seen there are still a fair amount of recipes that one can buy but one has to take the time to help themselves. I guess what I'm trying to say is I will help those who are working to help themselves.

just a FYI.. crafting IS a super expensive project, both in time as well as money. The fact is when you get to the upper tiers of things like Masterworking and Enchanting the amount of $ it costs you is just obscene. Hell, it costs around 1,000 gold just to make an attempt at a masterwork or enchant with not only no guarentee of success but the risk that you're gonna blow up w/e you were working on. I DO hope you'll stay the course and join those of us who are on the path of the crafter but you need to realize in advance that it's going to be a long road. :)

5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I don't know if this is a complete list (I doubt it) but a good place to start.
    Look on the cooking supplies NPC
    Image about half way down this page of Central Brittany
    Brittany
    Also Westend groceries NPC.
    Westend

6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

There are actually hundred of recipes out there at the original 250 gp price from NPC vendors.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Solazur like this.
  7. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I saw them the other day, will get back to you.
    I also will check my cookbook, the next time I am on, to see which ones I can get to you.

8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I agree with you except the fact that it takes 1 quick run through for anyone who can handle a 4 -5 skull to grab all the recipes in one go.
    Unless its changed in the last release.. yea 1 pass, just annoying to find the chests is all. If you know where they are, you can probably grab all of them in about 10-12 minutes tops.

Solazur and majoria70 like this.
  9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'm new too. When I first started people shared a taught me a bunch of recipes day one. Along the way more have taught me and I've purchased many more. PM me in-game as well and I will teach you what I know :)

CrandalltheFoole, Numa and majoria70 like this.
  10. Pickwins

Pickwins Avatar

This very correct. Just put up the nuts and empty jar and learned it. Easy to do, it is a shame, that is so difficult to get hold on this information.

3devious likes this.
  11. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Until things are locked down and printed, the forums are the best Player Handbook. So you found the right place. :)
    Now if only I could find a Carapacian cloth strap recipe....

12. Alleine Dragonfyre

I'm going to have to agree with this. I understand if the change has to be made, so be it, but it's certainly created a large rift between the haves and have-nots for items in the game now. Please don't make new players feel punished for being new players.

Frederick Glasgow and Numa like this.
  13. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

It's silly right, everyone for the last 1 year was allowed to discover every single recipe for free.
    Now we are forcing the new players to suffer or join a guild for hand outs.
    This isn't community spirit, it's unfair advantage.
    Things are not hard because they are complex, they are hard because the design and layout is bad.
    You telling me only 2 carpenters in the whole game know how to make bows out of special wood? Come the fook on!

Don't mind me through, none of this bothers me. I leveled everything for cheap from salvage up to 80, discovered all the recipes for free. And now live happy ever after.(80 is all that was needed with rings and blessing )

Also, my enchant and mw are all above 85..... and guess what? For dirt cheap... since now they changed how gathering exp is applied per craft!

Goodluck new players.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

no, no try to see it from the opposite site.

We had many avantages while open development and people testing features.
    We had massive advantages with CP's, Recipes, and other things that are going to be blanced.
    the Damage we have is not new players have it more hard, they have it as intended.
    Whats not intended is to have some people are that strong as they are atm, knowing all recipes, GM a lot of skills etc...

A serious amount of Alpha Testers seem to think that what they have accomplished now is the standard, but its not, neither intended, nor good for the game. I bet they will adjust Bossspawns soon and the ongoing Bosskill Grind will stop, but sure, if we have no wipe, the damage is done.
    The biggest damage is that new players compare themself to the veterans and try to catchup, what is rather impossible.

Imagine some further balance and people wouldnt know where to go best to get this or that and imagine how "hard" the game then for everybody is.
    It wouldnt lead to what i think R.G. wants us to lead - to play the game less progress and more immersing and adventuring orientated.
    To be no super heroes in a short time, but to more depend on each other.

All changes, including Death Decay are right decisions, they only come in to late after persistence imho and there are still things to fix to prevent overpowered characters.

15. Alleine Dragonfyre

Ok, well if you think it's so fair, how about a Player wipe? Not a world wipe, but a player wipe. You know, just to keep things fair?

16. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

No, this is not intended. Stop washing away bad game design with a white knight mindset.

17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I also learned quite a few recipes during the discovery period (by the by I discovered a simple recipe I'd somehow neglected to get just a couple days ago) but n no way can we say it was "free". None of the recipes I used that way were done with free materials or free time. We aren't punishing new people just because everything isn't handed to them free on a platter and fed to them with a silver spoon.
    I went last night to check a couple places to see what recipes were available and lo and behold... I found a crap ton of the recipes.. the very same ones I hear people on discord saying are impossible to find... are still right there on two NPC's in the same building. Part of the current situational problem isn't that they removed some recipes, it's that they didn't use good sense in where they now put them. It's crafting ffs...make crafting recipes something one learns via craft quests not by forcing them to kill a jillion mobs and pray to RNGesus.

18. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

just to let everyone know, I spend about 5k a day buying recipes and filling up my 2 chests where everyone can take free recipes from, one at Diamond fields and one at Jaanaford. Would like it if the 'older' or should I say ' experienced' players wouldn't take advantage of this, but rather add their extra or duplicates to these chests, and leave the recipes for the 'new' players. Alas I have seen some players abuse this, but fear not , I will place certain names on a flyer named 'Shame on you' on bulletin boards :)

and a positive note, lot's of players have taken a few that they need, and even added more to the chests!

Stundorn, Numa, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What I've been asking for is discovery to be expanded, but require experience. So if you know how to forge an iron sword blade, you can discover the copper sword blade. So you still need to unlock the correct "tier", but it doesn't make discovery completely useless like it is now.

Numa, discipleofweb, Nelzie and 2 others like this.
  20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I couldn't agree more. That's one aspect of crafting that is just purely stupid. As is the way that if you learned a recipe that is now teachable via discovery you can't teach it.
    @DarkStarr when o when is crafting gonna get some love? when will refining be a thing? when will there be an ag skill tree? Oh and on that (ag) note.. please don't tell us that we'll suddenly have to buy a recipe (GOLD SINK) in order to plant something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.