Kahli Encounters of the RP Kind (POSTPONED)

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

(POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

[​IMG]
    Hail Outlanders! Hail to the natives of New Britannia!

Of late, there have been mysterious rumors of peculiar happenings within the borders of Kahli. Rumors which have drawn the attention of those seeking adventure, trade or perhaps even a new home. Treasure hunters roam the hills in hopes to acquire their fame and fortune. As if blazing a trail, others have followed. Once only traveled by brigands and outcasts, now the roads to Kahli have opened to those of other interests.

Come one, come all! Find your niche each week. Engage in tavern banter. Share your fish stories alongside other fishermen. Study magic or lore in the Tower atop the highest peak along side fellow scholars. Defend these lands from brigands, or be you a brigand yourself? Might ye be a diplomat from your lands wishing to extend your kingdom's reach? Or perhaps your kingdom has more ambitious goals, to claim territory for your own...

Whatever reasons for your visit, New Britannians, take heed, for there be dangers lurking within Kahli that require precaution. Your jewels and fineries can be stolen. Your life might be taken. Be watchful. Be ready. Flee if you must. Fight if you dare. In these uncertain times, friendships forged are sweeter still, and there is safety in numbers, but the betrayals felt will sting like never before. For who you think to be a friend today, might turn upon you on a whim. And if raiders come, flock to the gates of friendly outposts and seek shelter behind their walls. Many of these outposts offer sanctuary to the troubled. Others might bar their gates and send you away.

But these dangers aside, friends, the lands of Kahli beckon to thee. Experience the politics, the banter, the lore and activities therein each week, 9am-Noon CT, every Saturday and Sunday.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  2. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

Setting a time and place like this is a fantastic idea! I will be there as often as i can (in various guise of course).

Cheers!

3. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Awesome!! Every time I can I'll be there!

4. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

Is this an invitation to come haunt you all again? *juggles Fei Akhart's skulls*

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I'll try to be there every time and have either the meadhall or the bath house in Helheim (district of Kahli) opened (or both). But if I am not there, please feel free to use these facilities for RP anyways.

6. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

You are always welcome, you know... :D *hiding the traps*

7. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Hmm, should I visit? It seems some of you may not appreciate my presence so much... ;)

8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Haha, you’d both be very welcome! And Hemswal, Definitely looking forward to our RP paths crossing!

Aeryk, Jaesun, Fei Akhart and 2 others like this.
  9. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Hems, why don't you talk to those that you think don't enjoy your presence. Find out what it is all about.

I, pesonally, may not enjoy your presence IC, but I definitely do OOC. I love having you around. If there's someone that can pull off that really creepy bad guy without ruining the fun for everyone, it is you.

But in order for that to work, you yourself have to be able to make the distinction between the hate your character receives and the warm welcome for his player.

Edit: Forgot: Of course it's also in the discretion of those on the other side of the conflict to not behave so obnoxiously annoying that RP without bloodshed/mayhem/total annihilation becomes impossible! Just a reminder for everyone. ;)

Aeryk and Hemswal The Descended like this.
  10. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I enjoyed fishing the other day at Angler's Hook! I caught my first trophy fish and gave it to Erich Ruhl. Then I met Helvig and gave her a trophy fish. Then I sat in a chair and took a nap. It was a busy day! Exhausted.

[​IMG]

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.