Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Keep Off The Grass

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Gamician, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

In running through the Overland Map, I noticed it felt like visiting a mansion of some Billionaire who had, KEEP OFF THE GRASS SIGNS on his beautiful lawn. Could we get those signs all over the Overland Map so we can remember to stay off the grass where it slows us down so much? Kind of sad after all that development and fantastic artwork, that we are forced to stay on the road to get anywhere.

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

You don't have to stay on the road. Sometimes when I have to use the bathroom or get something from the fridge. I just point in the direction I need to go and hit auto run. With all the slowdowns, I don't even need to rush... When I get back a few minutes later I am at least closer to where I want to go...

I just hope when they get all these amazing random encounters in the auto run will run me right out of that scene. But then I hope they fix the issue of still facing the same direction when I get back on the overland map. I can't wait until I can go to the store or take a nap while running accross the map to get where I want to go...

Gamician likes this.
  3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

If you are travelling unencumbered it really isn't that bad. Even going through forested hills isn't as painful as you all tend to make it out to seem. If you've got yourself laden down to a -50+% move rate penalty trying to waddle your loot home, then I could understand it being a pain point. To which I say, good! It should be painful to be grossly overencumbered.

4. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

you do get use to it... But it really depends on where to travel and if roads go there.

5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Outside of the far north, most places have roads that go somewhat near. How direct those roads are from where you start is a different story. And in some cases, sticking to the road takes you through a mandatory pass scene where off-road lets you skip. I think that is a meaningful travel choice.

LoneStranger likes this.
  6. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

What a surprise I spend a lot of time in the far north.

moko likes this.
  7. moko

moko Avatar

I recommend mounting the coconuts, they make it tolerable for me.

8. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Coconuts ruin my Immersion and I would not be caught on video prancing around the overland map, like some I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.