Keeping your graphics card driver updated

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Berek, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

A couple of performance related issues we've been investigating, one being a crash of the client, look to be caused by outdated graphics drivers. The crash issue in particular can happen on fresh Windows installs when the graphics drivers of the system are not yet updated at all.

Please ensure your graphics drivers are updated whenever possible! This will not only help to mitigiate crashes and performance issues, but also ensure an all-around better experience in the game.

You can update your graphics card drivers at any time by visiting your graphic card's manufacture website and searching for the latest drivers on their support pages. Please carefully read on those website's how to properly update the drivers. This will be especially important for laptops and older computers.

Also, do you use Nvidia's G-Synd or AMD's Freesync?

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Don't forget Berek, some of us use Macs, and we don't have control over either the drivers, nor the use of utilities like the ones you mention.

3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I think i would be kinda getting nervous if i can not tell my computer what to do 0.0

Simon LeBon likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, Macs follow a different philosophy. I also have less problems with my Mac historically than I did with windows. :)

5. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I never had trouble with windows (exept xp but we prefer to pretend that they made w10 right after the release 0f w7)

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Glad to hear it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.