Keyring!

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Cramit845, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cramit845

Cramit845 Avatar

So, after spending some time in some of the underground area's of SotA, I've realized that we need a key ring pretty badly. Something that will allow us to put a certain amount of keys on it so that we have 1 item in the inventory to carry the keys.

It seems there is a bunch of different keys in some areas to open certain and secret doors. Having all of these keys can be cumbersome and hard to manage at times, although I wouldn't want to completely remove the need to manage what keys you carry regularly. I see two different ways that this could be implemented, so here are some suggestions:

1. Character Slot - Slot on your paperdoll. Possibly have it tied to BP or legs, so that quality of armor will allow for a different amount of keys to on the ring at a time. (ex. chain has 2 key slots, plate has 1, cloth has 3) Then allow for the different materials players use to create their armor have an affect on key slots, so if you use a higher end material for your cloth, maybe you then get 6 key slots or something along those lines. (So each type of armor has base amount of slots which are then increased based on material used to create armor like iron has more room than copper)

2. Inventory Item - Item in inventory that you can open and put keys into. Craftable by blacksmith or other crafter. Depending on material used, the ring will have more room for more keys. Sits in inventory and allows the opening of doors.

gtesser, Maeryck and Weins201 like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

A small bag. Already available.

Celthon likes this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

You can make/buy a backpack. I carry one and have all my tools in it. That way i dont have to scroll through all those pesky tools when looking for something.

Celthon likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Bags are great in the short term, but its like the Atlas; what we really want is something that holds all of the maps (or in this case, keys) that we collect, and we can then USE that item and have it auto-select the correct item within it. Inventory management is not fun. This was something we had back in Ultima 7, please let us have the same here.

gtesser likes this.
  5. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

If one were to put all the Keys into a small bag, within our personal inventory, do they still function, ie. we still have access to an area requiring one of the keys, without having to stop and take the needed key out of the bag?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yes.

Celthon likes this.
  7. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.