Kickstarter with a gorgeous overland map

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by enderandrew, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Definitely yes! I would pledge for a new Kickstarter to make a really high detailed, living overland map happen.

fumblefingers likes this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

For new characteristics in the same game we dont need new KS. They use to have stretch goals.. :p

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

A new Kickstarter could achieve such goals much faster - especially if they have to meet some deadline.

5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

But the people interesed in that KS will be just the people here. And that people already put the money that they had here. How much they will need to put again and what they could get back? And also Im not sure that is about money, since they already had a more or less fine 3D map but they chose to change it.

fumblefingers likes this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

According to Chris they changed it because they didn't make enough progress on the map fast enough which implies that there is some kind of deadline they have to meet.
    More money would mean more employees who would speed up the development process.
    And I think that some people here would gladly give more money for more features. At least this was what happened with the MMORPG The Repopulation.

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

But they can do it just now, specially if we have stretch goals. Anyway for a KS I think they need also must prepare another reward list.

8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

If the other way if that is true make me feel very worried. We actually have the double money that the KS, and just with that money they supposed to make game that... supports more languages, massive underworld, weather system, advanced taming...

9. enderandrew

The KS raised enough to get the project going, but it wasn't really enough to fully fund the game. RG estimated they'd need $5 - $7 million to make the game, and that if they didn't raise enough with crowd funding he'd turn to investors. It is much easier to get investors after you've proven there is interest and raised other funds. I don't believe they've gone the investor route however. I'm guessing at this point that they're hoping they're raise a total around $5-$6 million by launch in pure crowd funding alone at this point.

There will be future crowd funding for future episodes.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I have a question. The store count as money there, right? I think that 5 to 7 million is possible (and they know how much they will have after all the monthly paymetns). In the last months I also think that the grow will be faster. But even with the actual average we can make 5 million. I already knew about the future episodes crowd funding. That is ok.

11. enderandrew

There was a push to get to higher tiers while you had Founder pricing, and a push for people to get gift pledges before that Founder promotion ended. I hope we keep the same pace, or even exceed it. But I fear funding will slow down now.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

When we started KS we put money without too much information. If we are closest to the game opening and we have (will have) much more information and the funding go down that means that we are going in the wrong direction. And they still can make more promotions.

tamino likes this.
  13. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

No. This line of thinking is just no.

They sold us one vision, for money, and have not said anything remotely close to really changing it until a month ago. A full year almost passed before a word about any change.

Some would argue that is a complete bait and switch.

I am fine if they need to re-evaluate stuff, but as I have said many, many, MANY times: Communicate.

Here, again, we have a change, with no follow up as to the reasoning, or what the eventual design looks like. They must SURELY have a design for the changes, otherwise they are literally designing day to day == horrible.

Why not share that full design with the community that was pledged one thing and are going to receive another?

I fail to see why I should "gift" more money during another KS because they need more time on something already promised, and potentially under-delivered, the first time around.

tamino and Mercyful Fate like this.
  14. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

I hate to say it, but i agree with regards to the map change :(. I also want them to put the game out.. Id rather have a living map and wait an extra month or two though. Or even 6. I don't want things delayed TOOO long but id take some delay for a nicer product.. And we are going to be spending a lot of time on that map. It IS the world. Its what a lot of people will look at when they see the game. Currently if i knew nothing about SotA and the first thing i saw was the overland map, i don't believe id look further. Thats not good.

15. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

I'm NOT backing another KS to create a map that we were already shown in the beginning and expected to be in game. :mad:
    Cloth map is great for holding - not for viewing on my screen.

16. selbie

selbie Avatar

Just came across this company while I was reading through the Armello stuff.

http://www.campaigncoins.com/forum/index.html

You know exactly where I'm going with this Portalarium....the addon store doesn't have enough swag, if you know what I'm sayin'! *nudge nudge* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.