Kickstarting New Players by teaching recipes & giving basic equipment

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Numa, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

I visited Owl's Head today to pickup the recipe for Augmented Leather Chest Quarter Armor from Harold and noticed a new player in very basic equipment spending whatever gold he had to get the necessary crafting formula. How did I know he was new ? Well, he was wearing this :

[​IMG]

Starting tomorrow, I"ll be spending some time in the Owl's head crafting shop giving (free) leatherworking and carpentry recipes. Longbows+arrows and daggers too (until stocks last :) ) since it's completely in character for my avatar.

The games gotten harder compared to the early R20+ versions and every little bit helps for new players. Converting some of the guides too into ingame books may be an interesting and worthwhile project.

Maybe some of us who are into Hospitaler work and have decent proficiencies in metal working & other crafts could give away recipes and samples of chainmail, swords and shields etc. Nicer too if we could get organized but for now just helping out once in a while should ease the way for some new avatars at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.