Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Kill Stealing rewarded/encouraged?

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Smalls, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reesian

reesian Avatar

You are missing the point that I want to choose how I gain experience and loot, not some other player I don't know. If I choose to kill a bunch of mobs with people, I will invite them this thing they call a "group." It's a quite popular game mechanic shared by many games. The way it works is anyone you invite into your group will share the experience and loot from the mobs you kill. The benefit to the group is that you choose who you want to interact with. It's a crazy concept, I know!

That's nice. I'm glad you don't discriminate against the actions of others, and you only value interaction above anything else. I will translate this idea into real life. When I see someone breaking into my car, I'll be like "dude.. I don't care that you are stealing from me, I just want to hang out."

What I'm purposing only affects the unwanted tag-a-long players that are annoying my group and me. I'm not sure where you get me not liking to interact with people.

I just can't.... I'm done. Have fun in fantasy land.

Rinaldi and Alley Oop like this.
  2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

@Indomidable i really liked your last post, except for one little bit.

You intoned seperate loot tables for everyone. While that was in fact great for gw2, the fact that the devs want to use regional economy systems means there has to be a strong control over the amount of gear that is in the world. A single auction house, that spans all servers, can support that system, but that is not something that can or should be included with regional economies.

Gw2 had a good response to that, by letting every piece of gear become a skin for another.. Hell, i spent millions of gold on a single rare item, because i wanted that as a skin for my outfit. Then i spent millions more on skins for the rest of my outfit too. Best gold sink, ever.

In short, if they add skinning of items the way gw2 does, they can then go a long way to adding cooperation between folks by adding seperate loot tables and implementing many features of the rest of your post.. Hell, for years ive been begging for this kind of thing, only to fall on deaf ears.

Ive personally vowed to not pay a dime more to them until they fix this issue. Ive already paid too much for a broken one as it is, in the hopes that it is only a placeholder... Im afraid they are not listening to this one though. If they are, im willing to bet folks will not mind a small "release date" pushback for this to be ONE OF the focal points of development.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

It *IS* a pretty crazy concept that you want to play only with your friends in full-multiplayer of a game that has an explicit "friends only" mode.

No, that doesn't translate into real life because you don't OWN the mob. That's your problem, you think you own the NPCs. Bad analogy is bad.

Because you are limiting the interaction to just what you want. We have a mechanic already in place to do that if you like, but don't insist that everyone has to play your way because you are unwilling to tick the radio button when you log in.

I will, this is a fantasy game, after all.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  4. reesian

reesian Avatar

Ok... answer what should happen in this scenario: You are harvesting some ore. Someone comes up and starts harvesting it too. Should they share in the ore?

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  5. Womby

Womby Avatar

@reesian
    You didn't ask me specifically, but I'll answer anyway. Of course they can harvest the ore, even if you just single handedly killed all the Kobolds/skeletons/whatever that were guarding the mine. Many may not consider it fair, but they have the same right to harvest ore as you. If you feel strongly about wanting exclusive access, Single Player Online mode is available.

Oninoshiko and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.