Kingdom Come - Deliverance

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Fister Magee, May 11, 2016.

1. Fister Magee

Fister Magee Avatar

2. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

First person turned me away, if I were a fan I would still be in Mortal Online.. Rest of it looks great!

3. Fister Magee

Fister Magee Avatar

Yeah, I posted before I even knew if it's mmo or single player hehe :D It does look pretty interesting, and it is single player, in case others were lazy like me and curious :D

I'm pretty new to MMOs really :) Mortal Online looks cool.. was it just first-person view that turned you away?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Mortal Online was cool...

...character building was pretty unique and the way that you actually needed to feed your character to make him gain weight so that you actually could raise your STR...was...pretty awesome to say the least.

I got turned away from it after 3 weeks like I get turned away from most full-loot-mmo's. You know, I'm the guy hitting rocks, standing outside of towns with his donkey full of stuff. The guy that gets Pk'd on a daily turn. Since I play alone and want to build stuff. Ahh...and the fact that you needed to run from unknown players first thing. I'm more the social guy saying hello...what turns out bad. Ahhh...and the fact that in 3-4 weeks I saw not a SINGLE Player name that fitts into my imagination of a fantasy world. "Bolec787 draws his longsword"...how do you want me to take a living being serious that doesnt take 2 secs to find a fitting character name? So...another indie-titel that goes down the toilet...and since the community makes the game...MO deserves to die ;)

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Game looks interesting, though not a fan of first person typically. Also, as the world reacts to how you play, what happens if you are purely stealthy? Does the world still react to you and your actions, or just the actions of an unknown assassin/thief? Might be worth looking into more.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Korim Rackham and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I backed it on Kickstarter, though their continued lack of acknowledgement in official updates that Linux (or Mac) even exists since they got our money has made a lot of Linux users angry.

If you go around visibly killing people all the time then NPCs will start running away from you and certain conversation options will disappear (though your 'intimidation' options will be more successful), I imagine the reverse is also true. There was quite a good video on this on Eurogamer IIRC, though I haven't got time to dig it out right now.

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yeah, that is a painful slap in the face of the early non-windows backers expecting beta access.

8. Net

Net Avatar

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I can't wait to play this game!

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The new trailer is awesome! It is amazing what this team manages to achieve with such a low budget:

And they revelead the release date: February 13th, 2018

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Bear in mind their initial budget was approximately ten times what they raised on Kickstarter - that campaign was only to prove interest, most of their funding comes from traditional sources.

Still sad there's no Linux version, though it seems there may be a sliver of hope.

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The investor gave 5 Million Dollars. Still, the Overall budget is rather small for such a game.

13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

The ten times figure was one they gave in an interview. I'll try and find it later.

14. Net

Net Avatar

I am still sad there is no DRM free version:/ It looks really great though, might be the kind of RPG I would really enjoy, good graphics, first person, immersive story. Plus being from Czech Republic I know a bit about background:)

15. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Now THAT is a single player narrative:

16. Schneider DragonFang

Schneider DragonFang Avatar

Blood Bay,Brittany Fields,Moonglade & Rifts End
    I was fixing to make a post on this title, so thanks for making one Fister.
    Had my eye on this title for the past month, never knew it started development in 2012, can't wait to run through the story.
    Anyone else pre-ordered?

Cordelayne and Fister Magee like this.
  17. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

This game looks so amazing. Not only graphics but gameplay in overall, fighting etc. I've been waiting for this since Kickstarter but haven't really followed development.

Definetly going to get it, but should upgrade my PC or buy PS4. Usually i like to play first person games on PC, but since i don't play that much more anymore probably gonna get it for PS4.

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

I played the Beta on this and it was incredible. I was totally blown away by what they were doing! This is definitely going to be one of the top RPG's of 2018...I hope! I don't think I can take another No Man's Sky letdown lol. ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Hunter OfSouls and Timmy Vortex like this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

I am already a couple hours in and boy is it rough not being able to save whenever you want. It really forces you to think on your choices!