KNIGHT: Founder or Benefactor? CITY SIZE Plots Available?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hempy Do`Herben, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

From what I understand things have changed since they originally did that, they were going to have it so if I placed my knights house on a village i'd get house 1, if i put it on a town lot i'd get house 2, etc. Now there are village level homes you place and town level homes you place, so I'd have a knights tower (village) and a knights tower (town) and a knights tower (city) if they put all 3 in. So they wont auto scale or change unless there is that model, and another example is in the add-on store you can buy either or, so you don't get both just because you have 1, you need to buy the village and town level tower separately. (helps justify their time spent creating each individual one)

Phredicon and rild like this.
  2. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

That's not entirely accurate. They have said that you can upgrade your village rent free plot when you get a town or a city plot so it will still be rent free. Now if you get 3 plots then only 1 of them will be rent free

Eriador likes this.
  3. rild

rild Avatar

I don't think houses will scale to the lot, but not sure. Obviously, something like the shingle-roof village home won't, but for instance you might want to buy a large lot and place a small house on it to reserve space for farming.

An upgrade would make sense tho: ie - you bought a Village Tower home, but now have a City lot, and want to place that home there. So, maybe rather than just buying a new City-size Tower home, you can just pay the difference between the two to enlarge yours.

I imagine this would wreak havoc with the objects already inside the house.

Nhili Dragon and Mishri like this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Interesting.. where did they say this? Basically that would mean that anyone who backed high enough to get a rent free village lot could ultimately get a rent free city lot by upgrading with in-game currency. But it seems like that could cause problems.. if you upgraded and then couldn't place it because all the city lots were taken.. well I guess it's no different than for anyone else. I'd just hate to lose my existing lot that was placed trying to upgrade.

On the other hand.. if they did it where you still had 2 lot deeds and you transferred rent-free status from one to the other that could work.

Lord Gréagóir likes this.
  5. High Baron Asguard

seen it said a couple of times but I cant remember where exactly

Envy / Midian and Eriador like this.
  6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I suppose that if you dont have the town/city plot you cannot upgrade (and I think that the deed will be the same). But we need more information (and new) about that.

All we know is that they wrote, some time ago, that every house will have that possibility, specially because if you can buy a much better houses in-game than a person that spent, at least, 500$ in the KS (or even while Benefactors time) for that KS person that house could sucks... So the point was to make your houses useful, even if you move in the future. You can see the conceptual art in that link.

Of course they could change their mind about this, but if they do that could be very controversial, since we had some hot topics already in the KS time (seems like 1 million years ago). Im so sorry if I cannot post now post any direct information of any Portalarium staff now, but anyway I think we need updated information.

But you are right, probably you must do something (maybe get materials for the building, that is the coolest idea), but the house will be 100% rent free anyway, or they also said that. Also true that you can have problem with the items inside, but will be the same if you want to change no any other house.

I think any reference to the system in the Alpha is not good, since we didnt have any real system here, and was a very basic demo.

rild likes this.
  7. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Can anyone else say where this is from or if it is accurate?

8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Its in the add on shop Plot advert.
    (NOTE: Village Lot Properties will not be exclusive to the Add-On Store, and may also be available in the game. Village Lot Property Deeds purchased through the Add-On Store will have an in game currency tax that must be paid monthly or the lot reverts to being for sale and the Lot Deed is returned to the owner. Backers at Citizen level and above receive a tax exempt Lot Deed. All lot deeds are transferable between players. First priority will be given to backers for lot choice. The order will be determined by amount of pledge. Backers will be given an exclusive window to choose their lots. Each backer can choose exactly one lot during the window. The next window will be given to those who purchase lots from the Add On Store. After that window lot choice will be open to all players )

The part about Backers at Citizen and above is for your Pledge Plot

9. High Baron Asguard

Think he means the bit about being able to transfer the tax free statice to a higher deed. I am trying to remember who said it, think it must have been darkstar because I haven't seen anything from Chris recently and it was fairly recent. I remember it was specifically stated because at the time it stood out as a change in policy from what was previously understood so it was immediately questioned and confirmed but I don't remember where it was.

10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Well changing Policy is something they seem to do often.

11. High Baron Asguard

I have to agree with you there and for the most part they are for the worse in my opinion. This one though I am not sure about, I don't know if its going to be good or bad in and of itself

12. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

That is what I mean. I am only a Kinght Pledge tier. I would love to think I could upgrade my plot higher and higher.... But I honestly think that might not what be best for the game, or fair to those that are paying the high high end for the City lots now.

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I agree with you. One of the reasons I took the upgrade to the Lord level was the Tax Free Town lot. If I knew I could of paid 1,000 gp (just an example) of in game gold and upgraded my tax fee village lot I may not of rationalized it was worth double the Knight level in real $$$.

14. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Not entirely sure but I think it was Sir Frank that found the answer to this question in the first place, at any case jump to 46 Minutes in.

3devious likes this.
  15. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Well then that answers that question

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

They already said that long time ago. You still have a lot of exclusivities, and your house is going to be still by far better (I love the Lord house). And, the most important, you will have a town plot in a very good location (this will cost a lot in the future). And remember that to buy town plots, even normal ones, is not going to be that easy. And maybe you, one day, can have a city plot, with a house that would be better that most of the other players.

The opposite is: You paid 500 dollars, now you have to live in a village more or less small house forever, and Lords also will be attached in that town plot. I think is not a bad deal that you can upgrade, if you still will have a better stuff by levels.

And I think nobody will get in-game something similar to Baron or Lord of the M houses. :O

Asguard likes this.
  17. High Baron Asguard

thanks for tracking that down, knew I had herd it somewhere. It stood out in my mind because its the opposite of what I had expected.

Sir Kiron Maedun
    I wouldn't worry to much, we are still all going to be competing to secure a town\city lot in the first place. To be honest I don't expect to find one myself until AT LEAST chapter 2. Those who paid will get there money's worth

18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Those videos... Some of the info that I remember are from them, but we have tons of hours and hours, so is very hard to find something in particular. Really great job, Deliverence.

Deliverence likes this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You bring up very good points. :)

Eriador likes this.
  20. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

Ya I can understand that but I still feel it takes away some of the value of those pledges.

My issue now is do I even bother upgrading to Lord or do I upgrade my wife's account to citizen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.