Knights house vs 3 story house

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron Asguard, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Im going to keep finally my knight status. My main reason now is not the house, but to say "thank you" about the 3D map soap opera with a (for me) happy ending. My little sacrifice to help about that.

2. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

In upped to knight tier from Eddelman, specifically because the Benefactor Knight Home was the largest Village home.
    (don't get me started on the failure of the founder knight home, supposedly being upscale compared to the benefactor. That home lost all purpose when they changed the textures from looking older, to the current texture. When they decided, people didn't want a more ancient style and textured knight home, the design should have been scrapped, not modified. It does not in it's current form compare to the appearance or useable space of the benefactors knight home. Although, it was kind of cool, when it had the older ancient looking texture. Then a fortified structure inspired from 12th century style fortified buildings made sense compared to the benefactor, that appears to take inspiration from fortified structures from around the 17th century)
    So, anyways, yeah, them adding village homes to the add-on store, that have more useable space, than the knight home, does seriously effect how I feel about my investment. A roof you can walk out on, does NOT constitute a third floor.
    No way, no how, nope.

3. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

So, you're saying they need to add a missile style building, to place on top of your nuclear missile basment?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"How will I ever fit a missile inside it if they don't?" o_O
    ~Time Lord~:p

5. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'm personally glad there is more contention now about which house is largest / best. I'd prefer to see as much variety as possible rather than endless rows of the same optimal sqaure footage block house. I'm planning to stick with a small shack until I've actually earned enough in game to fill it with something.

Kaisa, UnseenDragon and herradam like this.
  6. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I agree, I like that people have so many different 'favorites'. If there was a clear one that everyone was working towards, it would start to look very repetitive.

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, but I think that the best option for that is not to put better and better houses in the shop for the same 45$. Specially now, that we will not be allowed to upgrade our KS houses or lots, so we already knew that other people could get better places and bigger houses for 0$, even if they hay to payes the taxes.

But yes, I like a lot the new houses that they are making.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I don't have a problem with it.

Let's say person A only buys an Adventurer Pledge, a village lot deed and then a house. They only spend $255 and some might feel they have a better house than someone who spent $750 on a Knight pledge.

Person A only has a house and not really many other rewards. And they've only purchased Episode 1. And they still pay tax on their lot. If they don't pay taxes, they lose their lot. I imagine early on that might be an issue for people just starting out that it will be difficult for these players to maintain their lot until they advance their character and make big money later.

Player B spent a lot more on the Knight pledge, but they get 160+ rewards for it, and they've purchased all 5 episodes and they don't pay taxes on their lot, so they're a lot less likely to lose their lot (they'd have to go inactive for many months).

And both players have the freedom to make the choice that they feel is the better value for them personally.

9. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Not sure what you mean there but you can always choose house A now and if another house B is announced in a few weeks that you like better, you can always convert the purchase of house A to credits and swap it for house B

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

You dont have, but some people have, since they paid just because they wanted to upgrade the house from the Citizen level (I more or less did the same...). I think that the point here is that they could paid 500$ for the taxes-free and most of the rewards and after pay 45$ for another big house, or just to buy it in-game. I think that is the issue. And dont forget that we already had other problems about this, like the water fire. :p

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Quick Question..............

How much in game gold will it cost for each style of houses? Feel free to box this up and send it to the right forum :)

Caska DiFumarate likes this.
  12. enderandrew

If you bought a Citizen package to get a tax free deed, then you have a tax free deed and now you're able to get a nicer house for $45 if you want as well.

Those who didn't buy a Citizen package have to pay $165 for a non-tax free deed and don't get all the other cumulative rewards from the tiers.

It hasn't been stated, and even if they had, we wouldn't have a frame of reference for what that would mean. They can say 10,000 gold for a village deed and we don't know how hard it is to get 10,000 gold.

13. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

We still have no idea about this. We will see, one day...

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

That is the point, you dont need to spent +250/300$. ;)

15. enderandrew

And I addressed that point. If I spend $255 total for just an Adventurer pledge, a deed and a house, then I don't have a tax free deed and I can easily lose my land. I don't have all 5 episodes. I don't have the 160+ rewards from the tiers (assuming Founder status).

You're not comparing apples to apples.

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Ehhh, or I dont understand you, or you dont understand me:

Citizen + addon house or just buy it in-game= Taxes free lot with nice house.
    Knight +250/300$= Tha same plus some rewards, but a lot of people pledged here just because the upscale house.

I never spoke about Adventure levels, since the dont have taxes free lot. :S

17. enderandrew

Are you saying it is unfair to the Knight level that they paid $250 more than Citizen level, but a Citizen can just spend $45 for a 3 story house?

Those 3 story houses still don't appear to have as much useable space as the Knight house, nor do they look as good. And the Knight tier includes other extras.

For the $205 price difference you're also getting:

* Earlier placement
    * Option of a lighthouse/cabana on a water lot
    * Brew Beer!
    * German Automaton
    * Deutsche Dogge
    * Autographed Blade of the Avatar
    * Autographed Property Deed
    * 2-Story Basement
    * Knight's Round Table
    * House Servant
    * Crafting Station
    * Knight Furniture
    * Four Exclusive Titles
    * Two Teachable Emotes

Edit: Not to mention that the public roof space on the Knight house is simply awesome.

Koldar and Time Lord like this.
  18. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

It may not just be the house that triggers someone to upgrade. A house is just one of several reasons, like enderandrew listed.

Additionally, you get priority placement over citizen and edelmann pledges, which is a large part of the value (IMO).

Some people may choose to upgrade for any number of those reasons, not just the house model associated with that pledge level.

NRaas and Alexander like this.
  19. herradam

herradam Avatar

You're also contributing to the continued development of this game, which is one of the primary reasons I pledged at the level I did.

Koldar and enderandrew like this.
  20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Nope, they dont need to spend 45$, the houses in the add-on store are not exclusives. They can buy that in-game.

I used the 3 story house in the R5, you can see my pictures in the deco contest. They have more or less the same usable space, specially since (I already wrote about this) the Knight house have a lot of wasted space, big stairs.... The style is a taste.

Some of those rewards are from the Eldelmann level. I think that everyone can see that that level is not the problem. You can spend 50$ more. Still the other 200$ were for the house, for a lot of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.