Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Knockdown

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Fister Magee, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Now that Earthquake was changed from a stun to a knockdown, I get to watch mobs sliding around all over the place on their butts as they change position, after being knocked down. This is silly.

Should knockdown allow any movement? I don't think so. So what does it really do? Prevent an attack? Someone explain please...

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

its a netcode thing.

tough to have a effect like that only last like 1 second cuz they basicly pop right back up, and if any lag at all then they slide.

but a much longer duration of keeping things down and its OP.

stratigos likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

But they move around (not positive atm if they are able to attack in this state)!!! So annoying.. the visual sliding, whether it's network related or not (my knockdown lasts longer than one second and should be able to be communicated correctly), needs to change..

So you think knockdown is OP compared to the stun? Why?

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Can the mobs at least sort of shuffle, or roll about? I would accept that.. because watching them slide 5 meters away from me on their butts is funny, but stupid.

I've actually noticed this (I'm sure many others have as well) many releases ago using bludgeons and the knockdown skill there.. so I assume it affects every knockdown ability. I just didn't bother reporting then. But this sliding has to stop! :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Ravenclaw and Oninoshiko like this.
  5. Xail

Xail Avatar

Same bug in pvp...

Skyo and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I've never been thrilled about these animations of characters sliding around while knocked down either. It wasn't a game breaker so I just shrugged it off. Still, given a choice, I'd like to see it changed as well.

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

Xail and Fister Magee like this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Knockdown, by itself, does nothing. It never has. It just plays the animation and PvP players or PvE NPC's continue as though nothing happened at all. It's purely a flavor animation, in it's current form.

Now, Knockdown with a half-second-minimum stun, that's what you really want. That would make it worth using, barely.

Of course, interrupts in general, being able to apply prone, mez, daze, etc, would add some variety and be useful in combat overall. But then again, so would single-pull abilities, traps, poisons (no, what they have now doesn't count), and a huge list of other missing features.

Xail and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.