Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Know] Light spell dissapears when entering my property in Brittany Estates

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Waldo Ptolomy, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I notice when entering my city lot in Brittany Estates, that he glowing spot of my light spell disappeared. When I backed up off my property it reappeared. I checked and my house lighting was at 100% of light sources. This was 100% reproducible. My character is Waldo Ptolomy.

Earlier I was in Kingsport and my light spell disappeared when I was walking from the entrance to the oracle. Dismissing it and recasting it did not bring back the light spell the multiple times I tried it, no matter where I was in Kingsport. In Deep Ravenswood, I noticed walking under a low hanging tree extinguished my light spell. and I had to recast it to get it back. There is lots of buggy behavior with the light spell this release.

Thanks
    Waldo Ptolomy

2. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Today in Deep Ravenswood, I could not even get the light spell to produce light. I tried dismissing the spell and recasting but all was dark. I logged out and logged back in and the sun was up, and my light spell was running and showing the light spot. Very weird.

3. Hawkwind_AtlanticUO

Hawkwind_AtlanticUO Avatar

Light spell has been broken for me as well. It often succeeds in casting, but the actual light effect fails to produce. Often times it will disappear eventhough the spells effect is still active. This is constant, and 90% of the time I have to cast the spell twice just to get the light to appear.

Hermetic and bdonham like this.
  4. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

If you cast Light while it is already active it disappears.

bdonham likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@bdonham When you say 100% reproducible, you can repro this every single time you go back to your house?
    I know the light issues you guys are talking about because I see them as well, but I'd love a repro where I can show the developer who is trying to narrow down the issue: "go here, it will happen here every time." It just helps problem solve.
    If it is truly 100% reproducible at that spot can you do a /loc wher it happens and let me know please?

6. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

@Lexie Hmm at the time I did it, it was reprocucable, every time I walked onto the property the light shut off, with the spell still running, but I just re-tested it and at the moment it does not repeat. As soon as I had backed off the property into the street it came back on. Sorry at the moment It is not reproducible, of course that was at night in the game, at the moment it is day. At the moment it is not dark there, so I will try later when it is dark and see if that is a factor. Bugs that show up that are intermittent are the worst to solve, I am a retired software developer, I know that makes it very hard to figure out.

7. Lexie

@bdonham I was afraid of that. But thank you for checking. And we appreciate your sympathy. You are so right.
    It's like the devotional buff bug...we KNOW it is happening but it's a bug that continues to 'troll' us :)

8. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Area: Elysium Mines (Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines) Loc: (-88.1, -19.8, 133.6)

Stand in that spot and repeatedly cast light. It will happen every time.

I had some obsidian pots and buffs on with the lantern in the corner turned off.

9. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

@Lexie I have noticed that in the town of Ravensend at Area: Ravensend (ForestVillage01/Ravensend) Loc: (77.5, 26.6, 126.4)
    my light spell disappears, if I back up toward the entrance it reappears. the icon of the light spell stays.

10. Lexie

I've updated the subject to KNOWN. A little birdie told me this will be fixed :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.