Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Banner of Honesty chest - unable to open

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Sir Aular Glorthalion, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

1/25/2018 7:07 PM
    Title: Banner of Honesty chest - unable to open
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details:
    In r49, I completed the puzzle in East Longfall Wetlands to obtain the banner here. I opened the chest but did not loot the item (my friend in party was under attack). I closed the chest and assisted him. After combat, I was unable to open the chest. Friend opened the chest and looted the item. I had him keep the banner.

I am unable to open the chest after numerous attempts spread over 5 days. Just completed the puzzle again a few minutes ago, and the chest will not open. Arrow is green; I can't right click to open nor will it open on double-clicking.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Party with someone. Complete the puzzle. Player A opens the chest and closes it without looting. Player B opens the chest and loots. Wait a day (or more). Complete the puzzle again and try and loot the chest.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32727
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.720.Date.01.25.18
    Area: Novia_R7_Swamp01_02
    Area Display Name: East Longfall Wetland
    Loc: (74.5, 56.1, 73.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfU3dhbXAwMV8wMnx8KDc0LjQ2NCwgNTYuMDk2LCA3My42NjkpfCgwLCAwLjI0MywgMCwgMC45Nyl8MjU0OC4yNTN8NjkuOTk5OTl8Mi42OQ==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 55240.
    I'm sorry for the issues! This is no fun to hear.
    Thank you for reporting.
    @Sir Aular Glorthalion

3. PlagueOfLocust

PlagueOfLocust Developer Emeritus

@Sir Aular Glorthalion Hi. :) I'm having trouble reproducing your issue and wanted to ask some follow-up questions.

1. When you opened the chest initially, did you see the banner?
    2. Have you ever had the banner in your inventory through any means whatsoever, even if you don't have it now?
    3. Do you see a message when you attempt to open the chest?

Thanks,
    - Dan

4. Sir Aular Glorthalion

1. Yes - I saw the banner in the chest. I closed the chest (leaving the banner) to go assist my friend who was dying.
    2. I did not loot the banner in any way. My friend looted it and tried to trade it to me - I declined the trade and told him I'd get it another time.
    3. No error message or message of any kind; the chest is just non-responsive.

5. Sir Aular Glorthalion

@PlagueOfLocust - I talked to my friend and he is also not able to open that same chest any more.

So, in reconstructing the timeline, we have:

1) Both of us (Character name is: Korir DeMuerta) were in the zone<(can't remember if it was friends or multi>.
    2) I picked up all the sword pieces and placed them into their key spots. Chest appears <and monsters, too>.
    3) I open the chest and saw the banner.
    4) I closed the chest without looting. <I'm not sure at this point if I was able to open it again or not.>
    5) He opened the chest and looted the banner.
    6) He attempted to trade the banner to me. I declined the trade.

Neither of us since have been able to open the chest again. I'm wondering if the flag that records that you've looted the chest for the Honesty banner (maybe all of them?) is actually keyed to the event of opening the chest rather than the banner being placed into your inventory.

I hope this helps!

6. PlagueOfLocust

PlagueOfLocust Developer Emeritus

@Sir Aular Glorthalion Thanks for the info. I suspected that was the issue myself, but the problem has proven difficult to reproduce. You are correct regarding how the flag is at least meant to work, and so your friend not being able to open the chest after acquiring the banner is expected. We'll see if QA can shake something loose.

- Dan

Sir Aular Glorthalion likes this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are still investigating how the quest flags may have resulted in this bug. We have confirmed that your account appeared to somehow get flagged to have received the Banner of Honesty, which is what's preventing you from opening the container again.

For the moment, we have provided your account with the missing Banner of Honesty. We apologize for the inconvenient up to this point.

Thank you for reporting!

Rentier likes this.
  8. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.