Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Bears cant reach me to attack but i can hit or summon them in this spot (Nav Issue)

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Viola Vidason, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viola Vidason

Viola Vidason Avatar

08/30/2018 19:21
    Title: bears cant reach me to attack but i can hit or sammon them in this spot in
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?yes
    Details: 3 bears cant reach me to attack, like if there is a magic wall between us, while i can hit them or sammon them in this spot in Moors of Northshore
    Steps to Reproduce:go there
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4) System RAM: 16357
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.Win.64.823.Date.08.30.18
    Area: HiddenVale_Hills02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Moors of Northshore
    Loc: (5.2, 26.7, -120.6)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9IaWxsczAyX1RpZXI1fHwoNS4xNjQsIDI2Ljc0MywgLTEyMC41NzYpfCgwLCAwLjM3NCwgMCwgMC45MjgpfDQzLjg5OTkzfDI3LjY4fDYuOTkzODE=

2. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Bug entered. SOTA-61630

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This happens with all melee NPCs. I was about to file a bug report on this. Here's my summary:

In R56 and prior, if you were being chased by a melee NPC, you could jump up onto a rock or table and get out of reach. At this point, the NPC would return to its starting point, and you would be unable to damage said NPC.

In R57, you can still jump on said rock or table and get out of reach of the melee NPC, but it will just stand there after you do so instead of returning to its starting point AND you can kill it without any risk to yourself. This seems undesirable.

An easy place to reproduce this is in The Rise in the kitchen, where you can jump up on the tables, take out the mages, and then pick off the fighters without the fighters being able to return damage (You do have to be in the middle of the table and not the edges or they will hit you).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.