Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Blood River Outskirts - Disjointed Quest Order After Reset

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Gix, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

1. Title: Blood River Outskirts - Disjointed Quest Order After Reset
    2. Reproduction Rate: N/A . I can't re-reset the quests.
    3. Blocker? N/A
    4. Details: After resetting my quests, I was able to hand in the Warrant to Phineas Drumplemouth before I even gained access to the Vigilante camp. The doors were opened and I went in. After giving the Warrant, Phineas proceeded to give me the Elf Scalp quest. With no key, I was stuck inside the camp until a player opened the doors for me. The journal entry mentions Marcus (an NPC I never encountered in this reset) as well as the password so I figured I could talk to the guards to at least get the key. You don't get the key until you find and talk to Marcus. I now managed to get Valinia to give me a Fake Elf Scalp but the quest cannot progress any further... since Phineas is stuck on the "Warrant" dialogue.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: N/A
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. DarkBlueMonkey

DarkBlueMonkey Avatar

I think I had a similar issue to this. When I went to the camp, the door were open (probably opened by another player). I spoke to Donal... I mean Phineas, then ran around the camp, and then ran out of the "other" door (there are two). On my way out, I talked to one of the guards, who accepted the code word and gave me the key. However, despite going back and talking to Trumpelmouth, as well as the other guard and saying the code word, the "Into the Vigilante Nest" quest is still in my HUD.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

How did you get the cleansing manifesto to get the warrant?

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Would you provide the steps you took to get the warrant without completing the previous vigilante tasks? This will help me track down how you got the warrant before doing the usual Phineas quests.

5. DarkBlueMonkey

DarkBlueMonkey Avatar

Hmm.. I can't say I remember ever getting a 'warrant' quest.. Drumpelmouth just went straight into the Elf Scalps quest.

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

I didn't.

Here's a step by step run-down of what I did:
    • I got in the zone.
    • Talked to the leader of the elven (I knew where to find since I've done the area before) refugee camp and he sent me to the captain of the Aerie guard.
    • Captain gave me a warrant and sent me to Phineas.
    • I went to the Vigilante camp where another player was just slaughtering vigilante after vigilante. I remember that I previously had to talk to Marcus to get the password but, apparently, my journal was already up to date. Tried to talk to the guards giving them the password but they didn't want to hear any of it.
    • The other player opened the gates to slaughter the ones inside and I followed.
    • Talked to Phineas and gave him the warrant.
    • Phineas gave (almost forcibly) me the quest to get elven scalps.
    • Went back to the elven leader.
    • Elven leader made me talk to Valinia.
    • Valinia gave me Fake Elven Scalps.
    • Elven leader keeps telling me to talk to Valinia.
    • I go to Marcus and I get the password.
    • I go to the vigilante camp and talk to a guards who gives me access to the switch to open the gates.
    • I talk to Phineas but he's still angry about the warrant and won't accept the (fake) elven scalps. (closing conversation with him seems to trigger the "off you go" dialogue as if he's waiting for me to complete the scalp quest).
    Me neither, I thought the entire quest chain was done after the cleansing manifesto (something I didn't need to do this time).

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yikes, I think it might have gotten crossed over with the other person. I always go into private mode to do quest.

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

@Gix Okay, that's just bizarre. The only way to get the quest to speak to Captain Bearfield is to actually give the manifesto to Alberic, first. The quest is assigned in the positive response within the (completed) query. I'm not saying that what you're saying didn't happen to you, to be certain. However, try as I might, I simply cannot repro what happened to you. Without first giving the manifesto to Alberic, there just isn't a way to trigger the quest to go speak to Captain Bearfield. In addition, you shouldn't be able to get the warrant quest without first giving Bearfield the manifesto - same mechanic as with Alberic. I'll have QA beat on this for a while and see if they can repro. Sorry this happened. Hopefully we can find a solution, and thanks for the details.

And yes, the quest chain is done after giving the warrant.

Bug #57836

Rentier likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

@Puuk I don't remember whenever or not I gave the manifesto to Alberic. Could there be a bug in the quest reset that kept my manifesto from the previous time? Like I said, when I did it the first time, there wasn't anything that lead me to think that the quest would continue beyond getting the manifesto so I most likely still had it on me when I reset my quests.

So:
    • I got in the zone (with the -old- manifesto).
    • Talked to the leader of the elven refugee camp and he sent me to the captain of the Aerie guard.

I might still have lingering quest items from the previous time.

10. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Yeah, that could be. The only problem is that the turn-in for the manifesto also requires a progression flag that gets set when Phineas gives you the manifesto. The flag isn't set just by having the manifesto, it must go through the dialogue with Phineas to activate. From what I understand, the reset wipes out all the flags that were set on you. It might be that the required flag wasn't wiped, which would account for you being able to turn in the manifesto. We'll just have to see when QA beats up on this. Thanks for the extra input.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.