Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Bow durability bugged or just unrealistic?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Lialyn, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lialyn

Lialyn Avatar

Reproduction Rate: 100%
    I repaired my bow using a gold COTO back to its original durability of 120. when it wore down to 113 in just 30 minutes of normal use it already had lost a primary point! repaired it using kit to 119/119, when it wore down to just 117 it lost another primary point. That's ridiculous and is just creating a loosing situation forcing us to coto our gear every day. I know adjustments have been made recently on durability but I think a decimal must be out of place on this one. There needs to be an alternative to using cotos to achieve max durability if things are going to decay at this rapid rate. Perhaps the repair skill should have a chance at repairing to Max and the chance improves with skill increase.
    Couldn't find this issue specific to bows in forum, if i missed it my apologizes. Thanks for your consideration of this issue. 8)

2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Lialyn, Than you for reporting. This issue has been submitted to the Development Team for review.

3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Bug submitted! Thanks! (#43133)

4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I just tried this and I'm not seeing any bug with it. I was not able to achieve the rates you were seeing but I know that rapid shot and multi-shot both damage bows fairly quickly as damage is applied to weapons based on how many hits they generate. That is by design though.

5. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

Something seems bugged with multi shot...I started leveling it tonight. I took a few bows with me and started with one I just repaired to 110/110. It seemed fine after 15-20 min so I stopped checking it. Then I checked it an hour later and it said 44 / 44. Whoa. I've been using archery a long time (aimed and rapid) and I've never seen anything like that before. I'll continue to test it out to see if it happens again, but for now I'm really starting to understand why other bow users have been unhappy with durability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.