Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] BRO - old Quests popping up

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Rentier, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

12/20/2017 1:18 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    i killed some bandits and got the vigilante Brief - Part 1
    then i killed more bandits and got the vigilante Brief - Part 2

and then i had again the quests
    Return to Alberic Stage 2 and Stage 1

but alberic doesn't react to them because i already got the warrant from the captain...
    same for Valinia
    and Phineas of course doesn't react to the old quests and the warrant

now i have lots of open quests from BRO:
    Refugee Aid (6/29/2017 10:12:15 pm)
    Scalps for the Vigilantes - Ruse (6/30/2017 1:23:57 am)
    Venomous Distribution (7/1/2017 2:11:34 am)
    The Vigilante Brief - Part Two (7/1/2017 2:12:06 am)
    Warranted Action (7/1/2017 4:42:34 am)
    Sacks for Phineas (12/14/2017 5:39:47 pm)
    Return to Alberic Stage 2 (12/20/2017 12:42:14 am) - before stage 1 ;)
    Return to Alberic Stage 1 (12/20/2017 12:44:23 am)

but i did all but still have the relevant quest-items in my inventory since your change from questitems must be on the character (i stored them on my lot....)

EDIT: but Alberic still reacts to "help" with 'please make haste in findiong solid evidence of the vigilantes' true plans ....'

PS: I already got th eBanner of Truth

Edit 2: The elven food supply is still shown as Quest on the compass (i already poisoned the vigilantes food supply... way back then)
    [​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce: play my char Rentier Woodpicker and see

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 32648
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4007
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.715.Date.12.18.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (361.7, 86.2, 181.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzNjEuNjk3LCA4Ni4xOTUsIDE4MS4xMTUpfCgwLCAtMC42MzQsIDAsIC0wLjc3Myl8NzkuMTA4MTJ8MjguODE2ODF8NC45MTcxMw==

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I can confirm most of what was said. I looted the plans and received the quest again. Which I can't complete. I could never serve the warrant on Phineas because I did the other side of the quest line (by poisoning the elf food supply).

Rentier likes this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I did BRO a couple releases ago, and when I logged in after this new release, I got two alerts:

You found a second vigilante note.
    You found a vigilante note.

Now I have the two quests, Return to Alberic Stage 1 and Stage 2.

I went back to Alberic to see if I could clear them, but since I finished the quest he was no help.

By Tor and Rentier like this.
  4. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Same for me. I have 3-4 BRO quests that I've already completed and which I can't clear from my list of missions.

LoneStranger and Rentier like this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 54481, thank you all!
    @Rentier

Rentier likes this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I know this bug has already been entered but I just wanted to add that I receive the "You found a vigilante note" and then "You found a second vigilante note" every time I log in.

mute209 and LoneStranger like this.
  7. pip57302

pip57302 Avatar

This is still bugged. I have completed every quest for the area. Return to Alberic stage two i cant finish. I have the second note but the window wont open to give it to him. I even destroyed it, found another one, and window still wont open. Its the only quest for the area I still have open.

By Tor and LoneStranger like this.
  8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is gonna be a real doozy to figure out as we need to gather repro steps. Does everyone have their quest items on them?
    @Rentier Just to make sure I understand, did you complete all the these quests previously, and then when you went back later that's when you started to get them again, beginning the chain reaction?

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I can't speak for Rentier, but I can give you my take on it.

So I did all the quests for the area. Did the Phineas side of the quest. Got the warrant and tried to serve it, he just laughed in my face. I still have the warrant, I can get a new one and I'll never finish the quest ever, ever.

I killed a few elves and picked up stage 1 and stage 2 as loot, even after the quests were completed the first time. Every time those two items appear in your inventory you get a pop-up saying you received me the plans and you get the quest. Put the items in the bank, if you can, or a container, if you can. I had them in a container in my house when I went to move my stuff from one house to another. Guess what, when they went into my inventory I got the message that I found the notes again. I suspect that the items aren't flagged properly and so you keep getting notices, and the quest. Once the quest is completed these items just say in your inventory, as there's no way to complete the quest again and I don't think the plans can be removed from your inventory.

10. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I'm not sure but this sounds related to something that happened to me last night....

I was in a part in the LIVE server last night making a Hilt Fortress run and one of the people in the party crafted a lens at Obsidian Forge in hilt as part of their main quest.

1) I have only completed the Courage quest line so far with this character after a Quest Reset, I have yet to visit the Oracle in person with this character.
    2) The hard to read part in red below says "Reassemble the Vermilion Lens", which is not a quest I personally was on, is way ahead of my current quest progress, and appeared only after the player used the Obsidian Forge to craft their lens.

I'm going to make the assumption that somehow witnessing people complete (maybe even obtain) quests, either in party or through some other mechanic, can add quests to the player, even if they are out of order.

[​IMG]

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I had completed the quests and given the notes to the proper person - and then started getting the "you have found a vigilante note"/"You have found a second vigilante note" as soon as this past release began. I get that every time I log in.

I then tried to go back to the person to "re-give" the notes to just to get rid of the constant notifications but there are no notes in my inventory.

12. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

yes i completed all in the release where they went live and i came back to redo delivery of the warrant but that failed

I killed some bandits in BRO and got the notes again with the corresponding quests but Alberic didn't recognise them

I have to search the logfiles and my various chests for the vigilante notes, I may have them left at my home in a chest, because they are no longer in my inventory now

Edit: I have already 4 vigilante stage 1 notes and 7 vigilante stage 2 in a chest at home, so i think i didn't have them on me when i went to BRO again

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I did the BRO quests several months ago, certainly those two in question, and I believe all the rest too before I moved on. These just popped up a couple releases ago, I assumed, due to some tinkering with the quests. Perhaps some IDs changed and the two quests I completed aren't considered the same quests that I'm being notified about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.